Chapter 7

" 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓆𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝓅𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝓅𝑒𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝒶𝓂𝑒. 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝓌𝒽𝑜 ℓινєѕ 𝑜𝓇 d̥̝̮͙͈͂̐̇ͮ̏̔̀̚ͅi̞̟̫̺ͭ̒ͭͣe̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑s̪̭̱̼̼̉̈́ͪ͋̽̚. 𝒮𝒽𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓋𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎."

M/n looked back at kageyama and sighs. ' he didn't realize that Oikawa was going to be here' I looked back at the rest of the team and they seem to be speechless as well. " hey it might be because he got all the ladies attention but I already hate this guys" " yeah that's Seijoh team captain" " Oikawa, a super offensive setter, top of his class at attacking in team play" ' if he thinks this guys is good then' hinata thinks as he looks over the Oikawa. " yeah and he's got a bad attitude " " what is it worse than yours" " even worse than four eyes" " that is bad" " since guys know him I guess he must have have also gone to Kitagawa First huh" " yeah he was our upperclassmen" " huh oh hey there, long time no see kageyama-kun and l/n-chan" Oikawa waves at you two " how long has it been since I last saw you. You have really grown, how does it felt to be the king and queen" " he's good, I learned everything I know about serving and blocking from him. Do not underestimate him" hinata realizes that he is better than kageyama. As Oikawa walked away to get ready he turned a bit and looked back at m/n and kageyama. Kageyama glared back as m/n just waved a bit.

The score now was 14:15 with Karasuno in the lead with 1 point. As the girls continue to talk about Oikawa it made Tanaka mad. Aoba Johsai wasn't about to block hinata, m/n and Tanaka spikes. They couldn't get a point due to kageyama and tsukishima blocking them. The score was now 20:24 with Karasuno only needing one more point. As number 6 spikes the ball and tsukishima failed to revive the ball giving Seijoh a point. M/n eyes widen at this and went to tsukishima. " tsuki-kun b-be careful w-when o-Oikawa plays" he was wonder why you said that but then kept his attention back on the game. As the whistle was blown number 7 went out as Oikawa took his place. Oikawa points at tsukishima as he does a jump serve sending it to him. Tsukishima wasn't able to send it back as it bounce of his arms sending it straight to a few students. ' so that's what he meant. Shit' everyone oh the side lines of Karasuno stare in shock. M/n shakes his head a bit before looking at hinata and tsukishima. ' he might go for them since they aren't the best at reviving but all we need is that last point' " I just started watching but looks like I was right. Number 6 and number 5 you two must be first years, your receives are terrible. Now one more time" Oikawa did another jump serve going to tsukishima. He failed to receive it once again. 23:24 as Seijoh was catching up. M/n told them to get to get a bit closer to the corners as he would take care of the middle. " so l/n-chan seems to be their strongest receiver and he is expanding his defense but it take more than one player to defend the court" Oikawa does the same jump serve as tsukishima was able to receive it but giving Seijoh a chance ball. Hinata as able to stop the ball a bit as m/n sent it to kageyama. Once the Seijoh player took their eyes from hinata for a second he was already on the other side as kageyama sent it to him. The ball went flying past Oikawa as he started eyes widen. The thrid set finished as Tanaka yelled and m/n jumped onto hinata as he was able to keep his balance. " we w-won" they all started to laugh as Seijoh start at them. They all gathered around in front of Takeda. " ready" we all bowed as he looked at us confused until sugawara told him to give us feed back " huh of sorry I didn't know. Like I said I don't know that much of volleyball but still I can tell something great is starting to take shape. We've just had so really gifted first years join our team. Since things didn't run so smoothly at first but now I think I understand why, even if everyone doesn't always agree. When ever people are brought together it creates a chemical reaction, an now somewhere in the earth there is a faithful encounter. It can be happening somewhere far away or maybe it's on a small eastern island, in a tiny northern town and an ordinary high school, in the regular volleyball team. I believe that encounter was made in Karasuno. I don't have any proof yet but I can't ignore what I believe. And before to long this team is going to become even stronger" nobody didn't know what to say as Takeda started to freak out a bit " I'm sorry was that to weird wasn't it. I'll stop" " nonono that was great Takeda-Sensei" " thank you"

Me and hinata walked down the halls as we saw kageyama and a Seijoh player. Hinata pulled me as we stood next to the wall. " kindaichi the next time you and I meet we're going to beat you again" kageyama started to walk towards us. Hinata was making fun of kageyama as m/n laughed. We all walked out as I skipped a bit, singing softly. " Takeda was right but if we ever want to win a real game against Seijoh with Oikawa in the setter position we're still missing a vital ingredient" " wow very well said captain. That's surprisingly astute" Tanaka, hinata, Yamaguchi, and tsukishima got mad once they saw it Oikawa. He talked with Tanaka and hinata. " that combination attack is pretty effective but you're going to run out of steam at some point. You need to improve your receives, after all I'm not the only person who does power serves. The inter high tournament are coming up and I want you to make the cut. Listen carefully my special protege I want to crush you fair and square at an official game where we both play the setter" Oikawa was not in front of kageyama " also l/n I will show you I've gotten better so your not the only one that can pinpoint" he turns over to m/n as he stares at Oikawa and smiles " don't g-get confident o-Oikawa I've improved a-as well"

It was dark as we were in the gym cleaning a bit. Hinata seems to be the only tired one as he was falling asleep, standing. M/n was poking hinata as the other first years laughed. After you all left you wanted to walk with hinata and kageyama for a while. Tanaka came with you guys as you all went to Sakanoshita store. " meat buns? Sorry boys the soccer geeks just bought up all I had. I know life is so unfair" "I'm hungry" " yeah where is your manager" " I am the manager. Now get your buts home and eat some real food. Build up a little muscle" we all walked away well kageyama is dragging me as I stare at the worker. ' have I seen him before' " here" he throws us an energy bar. Me and kageyama catch it, hinata getting hit in the face and Tanaka bit it like a dog being thrown a piece of meat. " thanks" " now go eat your dinners" hinata and Tanaka ran out happily as kageyama just looks at the bar. M/n stayed as he looked at him but he didn't realize m/n as still there. The blond got up and answer the phone " not giving up huh" as he finished he looked around and saw m/n. " why are you still here kid" " d-do I know y-you" we both stare at each other " hey aren't you b/n-kun younger brother" " y-yeah" he started to chuckle a bit which made me confused " I'm an old friend of him. I seen you when you were around 4 or 5 years old but we haven't talked in a while so yeah. Anyway don't you have to go home your friends already left" " h-hai bye mister" " later kid" ukai watched as m/n ran out but got stopped when a black Land Rover came next to him. Brian called out to him and m/n go in.

The next day m/n and kageyama were practicing their serves. As kageyama did a jump serve trying to hit the empty water bottle hinata ran in and tried to receive it but it knocked him down and sent the ball to the second floor. " oh come on can't you stay out of the way for 5 minutes. I could have that if it's not for you" " well yeah I got it" " you didn't get anything it's out of bounds" kageyama takes out a ball and gave it to m/n as he motions him that he should try. As he does a jump serve pinpointing it to the water bottle but someone came running in and was able to receive it. Kageyama and hinata stare in shock as m/n looked in confusion. ' where the hell did he come from'