first day of school

You got up early in the morning, not being able to sleep. It was your first day at UA high school. After tossing and turning a bit, you decide to get up. You walk over to your dresser where you've carefully layed out your new school uniform. You instead put on a pair black ripped jeans and off the shoulder crop-top. Putting on a pair of black, mid-calf, combat boots with lots of buckles, you head out.

You head outside and enjoy the crisp autumn air. It was still early so not many people were out. You walked down the street to the old children's playground. This used to be your favorite park as a kid and is now your favorite quiet spot. You climb on top of the structure, hauling your body on top of the faded blue roof. Sitting up there, you watch the sun rise and watch as people started their day. You look at your phone to see it was 7:00. You needed to be at school by 7:30. Good thing it was only a short walk from your house.

Hoping off the play structure, you walk back to your house. When you open the door, your mom is standing there arms crossed giving you the death glare.

"Y/n where have you been? Do you know what time it is? Go get ready for school now!" She yelled at you

"Ya ya I'm goin' cool it mom." You say as you walk up the stairs to your room.

You take off your clothes and put on the uniform. You stand in front of the mirror and frowned. All the girls were forced to wear a skirt and you absoulutely hate skirts. You pull on a pair of leggings under your skirt, put on your combat boots, grab your backpack, and walk downstairs.

"Bye mom I'm leaving now!" You yell to your mom whose in the kitchen

"Bye have a good day!"

"Don't forget, I'm staying at the dorms now!"

"Is all your stuff there already?"

"Ya everything's there. I'll see you this weekend probably."

"Ok be good and have a nice day!"

School was only a five minute walk so you got there with plenty of time to spare. When you entered the gates, you got lots of stairs.

'Heh, well I guess that was to be expected.' You thought as you reached up to fold down your rust colored ear self-conciously. People continue to stair at your big fox like ears and bushy tail. You've always been teased about it bit didn't mind because you thought they were cool.

You're homeroom class was 1-A. You find it and walk inside. There were a few people there already. You sat down at a desk and leaned back in the chair resting one foot on the leg of the desk. A boy with short blue hair came up to you.

"Hello! My name is Tenya Iida."

"Hey Iida, I'm y/n" You replied with just a hint of boredom you rocked back and forth in the chair.

"You are a lady! Please show some decency!" He said

"Just cuz imma girl doesn't mean I'm a lady." I said back. It was true, I hated that I was a girl and that everyone expected me to be fine and proper. I preferred wearing comfy clothes and getting dirty. And you would never catch me in a dress, it was bad enough the dress code forces me to wear this filthy skirt.

"Please y/n, at least keep the chair on all four legs."

"But it's comfyyyyyyyyy!" I whined

He gave a sigh of defeat and went over to talk to a green haired boy. There was a boy sitting near the window on the other side of the room. He had his feet up on the desk and looked irritated at everyone. 'He seems interesting' I thought to myself as I stood up to go talk to him.