09 | forbidden forest

now he's debating with his own decisions- or maybe ego. they had been treking for more than five minutes or so and none of them even started a conversation. the ravenclaw girl was ahead of him for almost five steps, he couldn't help but to groan every minute that passes by.

"fucking valerian root," taehyung mumbled under his breath. if only he didn't followed her- or.. no..

it didn't escaped from jisoo's ears, and now the latter was facing him, crossing her arms and waited until there bodies are facing each other. "stop complaining, it's your choice to come with me," jisoo answered, earning a loud gasp from taehyung- giving at as a 'are-you-kidding-me gasp'

"it's been minutes already!" he tried swatting fallen roots at the ground before following jisoo. "where the hell could we even find it?"

"namjoon said we can find one near where the thestrals stays," upon hearing it, he glanced at her and walked faster to catch up. he was sure he heard it right. thestrals.

"you can see them?"

rolling her eyes, she nodded. "obviously? namjoon wouldn't say that instruction if i can't-"

"yeah, blah blah blah with your ravenclaw pride," taehyung scoffed and glanced at her. "how?"

when jisoo stopped walking, that's when taehyung noticed the surroundings. at the middle of the forbidden forest where they stood, the thestrals stayed quiet- which was a bit comforting. their wings not barely seen, and with their steps that was almost muted, taehyung watched them one by one.

jisoo faced him, eyes curiously trying to look at his thoughts, as if reading them carefully. she noticed how he was amazed upon seeing the winged horses, almost gasping when it sinked in in her mind. "you can see them too?"

taehyung nodded. "my grandmother. she died because of blood curse- and i was there watching her. that's when i started seeing thestrals. at first i didn't know rest of the students couldn't see them, but then namjoon told me thestrals can only be seen by people who've seen death."

jisoo nods, coming closer to the thestrals and even started patting the heads of the smaller ones. she silently whispered soothing words to them, hoping the creatures could understand her. "they're ashtonishingly lovely. i don't get it why people are afraid of them-"

bending down beside jisoo, he watched her play softly with the baby thestral, asking her, "how can you see them?"

"i don't know either," she stated honestly, shrugging her shoulders. "when professor mcgonagall brought me here, that's when i saw them. even professor was stunned when she knew about me seeing thestrals. i don't know which death i've seen- maybe my parents? i have no idea.." she hesitantly stopped. "i can't remember anything.."

slowly nodding, he said nothing. lots of questions came to his mind but none of them was spoken. he tried hard not to ask anymore, because he hated it.

he still hates it. he doesn't want to admit it, yes, but a part of him still doesn't like the fact that he was with jisoo- alone and just opening up personal things to each other.

taehyung is indeed a slytherin. his pride goes higher whenever he remembers how jisoo declined choosing his house if she had given any chance. he doesn't know why she does, but it still hurts his ego.

"the valerian root," taehyung stood up and sighed. turning around to find the recipe they needed without even giving jisoo a second glance.

he only heard jisoo also agreeing of what he said and heard her footsteps, probably looking for the valerian root too.