10 | brewing liquid luck

"you're not mad?"

crickets.

crickets was all you could hear inside the room after tons and minutes of blaming each other of what happened. jisoo could only sigh and grab another cauldron to start brewing again, and the rest of them sat at the corner silently, like how kids behave when they get scolded by their mothers.

"why would i be?" jisoo asks lisa. she continued stirring, while rosé helped her put down the recipes at the table before she went to sit beside the others. "i'm used to your clumsiness," she laughs a little and glanced at them.

frowning, jisoo noticed how all of them let out a nervous- awkward, i must sayㅡ laugh. "stop being silent. what's wrong with you?" she questioned them.

taehyung was just there, standing and watching themㅡ more like judging them, while rest of their friends inhaled the quiet air.

seokjin started, "they feel like if they talk, one could break the cauldron again and worse, the recipes would be included."

jisoo just shrugged. ignoring his jokes and started asking, "you don't have any classes?"

"i'm done with arithmancy earlier," jennie answered. she glanced at the three third yearsㅡ who are more likely to have additional subjects because they feel like having more could make their grades higherㅡ which they eventually regretted a day after.

"care of magical creatures later," jungkook says. "after lunch," rosé and lisa nodded at him in agreement. yoongi, namjoon and hoseok then said they don't have any classes anymore.

jimin just nodded at jisoo, since she doesn't need to hear his answers anymore. three of them- jimin, taehyung, and her, are in the same classes except for the extra cullicular subjects they took; and jimin didn't had take one.

"how's the valerian root?" namjoon closes his book.

"we grab a few," taehyung says, pointing at the root they took. the boys nodded at him, after realizing that he was with jisoo earlier.

"you still went with her?" jennie asks then tried hiding her smirk.

taehyung said nothing. jisoo seems unbothered and the two girls just shrugged at jennie, telling her something might have happenedㅡ a fight, possibly.

"by the way," jisoo beams. "we can't stay in this room while this potion is brewing. any suggestions? i'm thinking of bringing it to our common room-"

"it should be in ours!" lisa raises her hand and grabbed jungkook's wrist too, telling him to back her up.

"no, no," yoongi chuckles. "it'll be dead few hours after we put the cauldron beside you two."

"girls' lavatory?" rosé suggested. "you know, where moaning myrtle says-" then hoseok snorted, letting out a awkward chuckle. "tell me you're joking."

"do i look like i am?"

"moaning myrtle is a lunatic-"

"shut up," jennie hissed. "fine then. it's safer there."

"man," hoseok sighs, grabbing lisa's cat again. "girls always think their opinions are the smartest."

"because your protests are rubbish," lisa rolled her eyes at him. the sixth year student only held his chest and acted like he got hit, groaning in pain.

"yah, lalisa!" he followed.

"fine, we'll see each other later after dinner," jisoo nods, stopping hoseok from complaining again. rest of them only agreed and finally sood up, waving goodbyes one by one.

"it is time already?"

"near lunch," seokjin responded. "students are probably gathering at the great hall already. let's go there together?"

"you'll leave that here just like that?" jungkook asked jisoo, who was still stirring.

she nods. "i'll cast some protection charm. besides, no one goes here frequently. there's no need to worry.." grabbing some of her books, she took her cloak and her wand before signaling them to head out first.

"i'll catch up."

and taehyung was the first one to leave.

.

"you know you're being unreasonable, right?" yoongi frowned at taehyung who continued lying on his bed. it was only the two of them inside their dormitory, and yoongi couldn't help but to lecture taehyung again after what happened.

"you followed her to the forest," yoongi nods. "pretty sure you talked during that time."

taehyung could only hum in response. he kept his eyes closed, not even wanting to listen to the older.

"then why the hell you two faught again? right infront of the professor, really?"

silence.

"i have no idea," he finally says, arching his upper body upwards to sit. "i just.. i don't know. i hate seeing her-"

"thrive?"

"no, not that," he shakes his head. "you know how much i am into house spirits-"

yoongi nodded. "then you're really being unreasonable," standing up, he grabbed his cloack and opened the door. "stop getting mad at jisoo for refusing slytherin. her choice, her decision. news flash, taehyung, it's been past five years when you, jisoo and jimin had been sorted into different houses. forget about it already."

it's not that easy.

"now stand up and let's go the lavatory before lisa and jungkook could even hex us."

"i'll follow.."