13 | change of heart

"where's your partner?" jimin chuckles at namjoon who was just staring at the students having fun at the dance floor. the ravenclaw just kept his silence until chaeyoung sat beside him.

"you don't wanna dance?"

he nods before pursing his lips. "not in the mood, i just let her get dragged by her friends so she could at least enjoy this night."

"oldie," jimin grimaces at namjoon which caused chaeyoung to giggle and tease him. "your partner seems to like you and you just let her leave you?"

"why can't both of you just leave me here and go back dancing there?" he frowns at the both of them that was easily responded by jimin. "chaeng's tired already. we'd just rest a little because, of course, we don't wanna waste this precious night, like how you're doing."

"shut up."

"where's jennie and yoongi?"

"went outside. that sneaky couple," namjoon rolled his eyes.

"how about jisoo and taehyung-"

"look at them," chaeyoung's eyes were indeed sparkling while watching the two people holding each other, not minding the rest of the students around them. just swaying their bodies in a slow rhythm while listening to the music lingering around the great hall.

"never thought i'd see them like that.."

.

"this is awkward," jisoo mumbles in a low voice as they once again turned away from each other's gazes after accidentally looking at the eyes.

"you're making it awkward by saying that it's awkward," taehyung frowns and was quick to respond while jisoo just purses her lips upon realizing that he was right.

"sorry," she says softly.

it's fine to dance with someone you hate... right? or maybe not. what creature on the world would even do that?

"why do i feel like you're murdering me inside your head," jisoo stopped daydreaming upon hearing taehyung and his small chuckles.

she was in awe at first, when she heard him laugh. since he never really does it whenever it's just the both of them. just a sarcastic one, at least.

"you're laughing at me now?" jisoo shut her left brow up.

"what, i can't do it?" he asks in an innocent voice. she only gave him a scowl and continued swaying her body in a small movement, just so they could at least look like dancing.

"how's the brewing of liquid luck?"

thank merlin he started another topic or else they could've been buried alive for being the most awkward dancing partners at the great hall.

jisoo glanced at him, for a few seconds, before looking away again. "pretty fine.." then she scoffed. "now you're asking that after not showing yourself for the past few days."

"if i go there the room would just get crowded, you know jimin and the rest are too nosy to even stop from watching what you're going to do with it."

"besides, my presence is not needed there. not at least your potion will fail. but from what i see, i think it's going to work. lucky lisa and jungkook," he said the last sentence hesitantly, probably because one ㅡ he doesn't give compliments to people not unless you really deserve it and two ㅡ they're enemies. why would he praise her?