Chapter 9: Jenny was a friend of mine

Day 9

Gunshot

Blood, there's blood everywhere.

I hear my screams.

Gunshot

"Amy! Wake up!"

Someone's shaking me, but she's dead. She's staring at me, and there's blood everywhere.

"Amelia! For the love of God, it's not real!"

It's not?

I reach and try to touch her. My hands swim in her blood, but when I pull away, they are clean.

"Amy, please!"

I open my eyes. Where is she? Where's the blood?

I look at the room, but she's not there, and there's no blood. Instead, there's Logan.

His palms touch my cheeks, and I didn't even know I was crying until I feel him wipe my tears.

Mar's arms wrap around me from my back. "I'm sorry, Amy," She whispers.

"I'm sorry I woke you up."

"Don't ever apologize about that."

"I'm fine, guys. Go back to sleep, I just need a moment of fresh air." I try to reassure them.

Logan reluctantly pulls away.

"Are you sure?" Mar asks.

I nod. I don't want to worry them; I can handle this on my own, just like I did before. Although the nightmares stopped eventually, I had to go through them for a year.

I went to therapy for a while, but what really helped was being thousands of miles away. Fuck, I've got to stop thinking about it. So, I do the only thing that I know will take my mind off things.

I grab a paper and a pen, and my hands are drawing dresses again.

-

After my morning jog, I head to Ayla's house. We were supposed to take Cindy's measurements today. However, Zirki, her husband, isn't feeling well at all. So she lands me the measurement material for me to carry out the process alone.

When I reach Cindy's, Violet opens the door.

"Hi, Violet."

She glares before walking back inside.

Cool. How the hell am I going to take her measurements if she can't bear the thought of talking to me?

This is going to be a long day.

Cindy comes right behind Violet. "Here comes my fairy!"

I try not to wince at the nickname or her clothes. She's wearing a Prada '07 dark green dress. Not only the colors don't match the tone of her skin, but the neckline also makes her shoulders awfully small.

Cindy is the ultimate proof that you don't need money to dress well; you need to taste good.

After we sit down and talk about the weather, I show her my designs.

When she sees her dress, this 'super nice and happy girl' mask is removed. Her jaw drops, and tears form around her eyes. Fuck, this must be overwhelming.

"Amy, this is everything I dreamed my dress would be like," She murmurs, admiring the drawing.

I try to not avoid the rush of adrenaline in my body. It's normal that I'm excited about this... It's a new project. That doesn't necessarily mean that I like designing. It just means that I'm an adventurous person who experiments...