Teaser 1: Fall of Fame

(a/n: Fall of Fame will be written entirely in Noah's pov)

Noah's POV

2 years later.

"The seven principles of constitutional law are popular sovereignty, federalism, individual rights, and-"

Fuck, what's the fourth one again?

It has something to do with money.

Not fiscal policy, obviously not monetary policy... Fuck, I spent the past fifteen minutes trying to memorize this bitch.

I peek at my notes only to find that the fourth item is Checks and Balance. What the fuck does this mean anyway?

I groan when I realize that I still have four-hundred-fucking pages. Constitutional law is hopeless.

"Hey, Noah?"

My thoughts are interrupted by Mar, my roommate. Her name is actually Marguerite, but I prefer to call her by that whenever she fucks up, which happens a lot, by the way.

"Hmm?" I ask, my gaze still focusing on the seven principles of constitutional law. Popular Sovereignty, Republicanism, Federalism-

"What do you think of this bra?"

My eyes involuntarily move towards her. "For fucks' sake, Mar! Why are you naked?!"

She was leaning against the door, wearing only a red bra and some shorts. I pinch my eyes dramatically before walking towards my bed. I throw one of the clean folded shirts at her and wait for her to put it on.

When I turn again, she's still naked. For fuck's sake, this girl has literally no understanding of privacy or personal boundaries.

"I never understand why Americans are so uncomfortable with the nudity. These are just boobs; everyone has them! Like, get over it!"

I try not to roll my eyes at her comment. If there were an America-Hate-Club, Mar would probably be the founder and CEO. I hate to say it, but she was the stereotypical European.

Some days, I would walk inside the apartment only to find her completely naked on the couch, tanning in February to celebrate some sun! However, after almost a year of living together, I got used to Mar's craziness.

At first, we would fight all the time because she'd do something like pee without closing the door, and I'd walk in on her. Or, she would have sex with her boyfriend on the kitchen counter without locking the front door.

Eventually, we had to set some rules for this roommate thing. Correction: I had to put some rules.

No nudity, bathroom doors should be locked at all times (I even hang up posters on both sides of the door as a reminder for her to close them), and no sex on weekdays.

Weekdays were for me to study because law school was a fucking pain in the ass.

I had to sacrifice some things too. Like for example, on weekends, I don't sleep in my apartment because Mar's boyfriend stays over. Even if God-forbid, I decided to stay in during the weekend, I wouldn't get some sleep because these people are fucking wild.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that the whole building is evacuated Saturday night because of them. Kye, Mar's boyfriend, makes these noises and - Fuck, why am I thinking about Mar's boyfriend in bed?

"I got this new bra to surprise Kye today. It's our anniversary!" She wiggles her eyebrows in a very disturbing way.

"Can you please put on the shirt? I can't talk to you when your boobs are staring right in my face."

"I'll take that as a 'yes, Mar, your boobs look beautiful in that bra'!"

I sigh. There's no use for arguing with her. She's impossible.

The pile of constitutional law books pulls me back to my miserable life. "Is there something else, Mar? I need to study."

She pouts. "You're always studying! Ugh, whatever. I'm going out!"

"Can you please get some groceries? Your boyfriend and his friends emptied our fridge again."

"They're your friends too, you know?"

As much as I hated to admit it, these nerds grew on me. Long story short, they're in a rock band, and I kind of help them produce music.

We met through Mar, who forced me to let her move last year after she got in a massive fight with her mom.

Mar was dating the lead singer, Kye. Wait, today is their first anniversary... "Mar?" I shout, hoping that she hasn't left yet.

"What?" She screams back.

"You're not spending your anniversary with Kye here."

She's silent for a moment, which is NEVER a good sign. Suddenly, her head pops through my door again. I hate it when she does that.

"What do you mean that we're not spending it here?"

"Mar, I have a constitutional law exam on Monday, and I haven't studied a word for it yet. And, we both know that you two just can't be silent in bed!"

She pouts. "But we had a deal that weekends are for me!"

"Yes, but that deal excluded midterm days."

"Wait, don't you need to get Amy from the airport anyway?"

My breath stops for a second. My chest tightens at the sound of her name. Fuck, I haven't seen her in so long. Maybe ten months? She visited last spring, but she didn't stay for long, and we didn't even talk much...

She was too busy with her dad's company, which she was co-managing with him. She took care of the design part while living in South Africa, and her dad was handling finances, marketing, and logistics.

Even though she would have to come to New York for fashion weeks, she didn't have the time to visit. I hate that we grew apart.

But then my mind registers what Mar said. "Amy's coming?"

Fucking hell, no, she can't be here. God knows that I'm a fucking whipped ass for her. I can't focus or eat or sleep when she's near, and it's fucking annoying.

"Yeah. I didn't tell you?"

"No, you didn't!"

She bites her lips before letting out an "Uh oh."

"What?"

She gives me a tight smile. "Then, I might have forgotten to mention that she'll be staying with us too..."