Chapter 35: Don't you (Forget about me)

a/n not the last chapter!! you may read in peace!!

I place the last pair of shoes inside my suitcase before letting out a long exhale. One of the perks of never technically unpacking is that there's not much to pack once you're leaving.

As I take a look at my room, a wave of sadness hits me. A month ago, I hated this place. I would have done anything to spend my last few summer days in Paris.

But things have changed now. I have many memories here: good ones and bad ones. For some reason, I appreciate them both.

A week ago, I broke down against this wall when I discovered that a creepy stalker threatened my friends. I thought that the world was truly over for me.

So much has changed since. My mind has been somewhat... silent? Maybe it's because I've already gone through hell and back. Or perhaps it's because I'm traveling tomorrow night. Time flew by so fast.

The knocks on my door interrupted my thoughts. "Come in," I answer.

My heart does a little flip when Noah comes in.

"Hey, you." He leaves a small peck on my forehead before I notice that he got a hair cut.

Fuck, he looks ten times hotter.

"You cut your hair."

"Don't remind me," He scoffs as he sits on my bed. "I hate it. I had to do it for tomorrow's family dinner: the Emerson lawyers' annual reception," He mocks with his voice.

I can't focus properly because of how attractive he looks. It makes him appear older. It also highlights the definition of his jawline and cheekbones. My heart races faster when he smiles.

"I like it." For some reason, my voice is raspy.

Noah's eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "I thought you liked the curls." Correction: I love curls.

"I do... But this is different."

The curls give him more of a writer boy kind of look. But the way he looks right now stirs an ache inside of me. He reminds me of Jamie Dornan.

He smirks, "Go on."

I glare at him and throw the small pillow next to me at his face. He's enjoying this too much.

"Shut up. I forgot that cockiness is one of the dominant genes of the Emerson's."

But to be fair, if I had their genes, I'd be cocky too.

He hums before noting, "Your friend Mar seems to think so too."

I grin, thinking back of yesterday. After Mar barged inside and caught us cuddling, she made us go through a thorough interrogation before asking to have a moment alone with Noah. To say that was mortifying would be an understatement.

"Let me guess, she gave you a speech on how she's going to cut you to pieces and grill them before feeding them to a dog shelter if you ever hurt me."

He laughs and shakes his head. "First, she gave me a lecture on why I'm a worthless piece of shit who will never be good enough for you. Then, she listed all the reasons why you're perfect. Finally, she counted all the ways she'd make me suffer if I ever hurt you."

I giggle, imagining the scenario in my head, Mar with her petite figure and curly blonde hair threatening Noah. "Did she scare you at least?"

He winces before his adorable dimples appear again. "Very much. The french curses add a lot of effects."

"That's Mar for you."

His eyes stop at my suitcase. "You're done packing?"

I nod.