you're scared of the dentist (requested)

You tightened your grip on Luke's hand as you entered the dentist's office. "Can't we just come back a different day?" He shook his head with a giggle. "No, y/n. I know you. You say another day and then you push it off and push it off and never come back. You gotta get this done today. It's gonna be okay."

He sat down next to you in the waiting area. You bounced your knee up and down nervously until Luke put his hand on it. "Sorry," you muttered sadly.

The look in your eyes broke his heart. He knows you're scared of the dentist and have been for several years now. "Hey," he hooked his fingers under your chin, eyes locking on your sad ones. "It's gonna be okay. I'm gonna be right there with you." He leaned in to kiss your cheek but was cut off by the door opening and your name being called.

Luke stood up and held out his hand for you. You stood up and looked to the door. you tried to run towards it but only moved a couple of feet before Luke's arms were wrapping around your waist. "No, I don't want to!" You tried to pull out of his grip but he wasn't letting you go.

He looked over to the dental assistant before looking at you. "Give us one minute?" She nodded and left you both alone again. "Y/n talk to me." He rubbed your arms and let you rest your head on his shoulder. "I'm just scared. I don't wanna go back there."

"I know." He planted a kiss to the top of your head. "I know you don't want to, but this is something we need to do."

He paused and interlocked your fingers. "You trust me, right?" You nodded hesitantly, closing your eyes as Luke caressed your cheek. "Good. Then you know I won't let anything happen to you. It's only a cleaning, baby. It's not gonna be bad at all. It'll be done before you know it, especially because I'm gonna be there holding your hand the whole time."

He brushed his thumb across your palm and when you opened your eyes he no longer saw a look of worry or sadness. "Promise?" He nudged your cheek with his nose, kissing it softly. "You know I do. The sooner we go back, the sooner we can leave and you won't have to come back for a little while again. Okay?"

You looked towards the door as it opened again. This time you didn't try to run. You just grabbed Luke's hand and walked back to the room as he kept his other hand on the small of your back.

And it really wasn't all that bad. Just as Luke said, it was over before you knew it. His hand remained in yours the entire time, never once letting go as he whispered sweet words into your ear.

When you were done and walked out of the office he slung his arm around your shoulder and attacked your face with kisses. "Told you that you could do it! I'm proud of you." He smiled as he finally pressed a kiss to your lips.

"I only got through it because you were there with me." You pulled him back in for another kiss and smiled against his lips. "Guess I'm just gonna have to come with you every time from here on out."

You chuckled and put your head on his chest. True, as long as he was with you, you could conquer anything.