he comes home to find you asleep

Luke kicked off his shoes as he stepped inside the house. Closing the door behind him, he let a long breath go and his stresses drift away. He couldn't help the way his heart seemed to beat a little faster in his chest and a smile tugged at his lips as he thought about finally being home with you.

He crept into the living room but he was surprised that you weren't there. He frowned a little and turned the lights off before he started to make his way up the stairs and into the bedroom. His heart only swelled with love for you when he saw you fast asleep on his side of the bed.

He let you sleep a few minutes longer while he brushed his teeth and changed his clothes. He tiptoed over to where you lied. The mattress dipped slightly as he sat on the edge beside you. He combed his fingers through your hair and cracked a smile when your lips tugged up in a tiny, sleepy smile.

He leaned down to brush his lips across your forehead. His hair tickled your skin and you giggled a little before opening your eyes. "Hey, sleepyhead. You alright?"

You nodded and stretched your arms out over your head and your legs at the foot of the bed. "Yeah. Just tired. I tried to wait up for you but I guess I must've fallen asleep somewhere along the way."

"You fell asleep on my side of the bed, baby girl." He said but you could see that sparkle in his eyes. He wasn't complaining, he found it adorable.

"C'mon, babe. Let me crawl under the covers with you."

You moved over just a little so he could lie down. He rested on his side, facing you. His fingers were in your hair immediately. Combing through your soft locks, tucking them behind your ear and kissing your forehead. He got a whiff of your shampoo that lingered in your hair and it caused his heart to skip a beat.

"I love you so much."

You were so relaxed with his touch that you had closed your eyes but upon hearing his sweet words you opened them again, just as he leaned in to kiss you softly. He laid his hand on your cheek, thumb brushing along your smooth skin as he pulled away and brushed the tip of his nose against yours.

"I love you too."

He reached over to turn the light off and then put his arm around you. Legs tangling with yours, breath fanning against your cheek as he placed his head close to yours. His heart felt like it might just burst out of his chest with how much love he had for you.

"Sweet dreams, beautiful."

"You too, Luke." You whispered and drifted back off to sleep, only this time you right in his arms.