he's insecure (requested)

Rolling over in bed, you expected to be met with the warmth of your boyfriend's embrace. You let out a whine and rubbed your arms before opening your eyes to look around for him. You were met with the bright sunlight coming through the window across the room when you sat up in bed.

Everything was quiet, but the bathroom door was closed. So you rubbed the sleep from your eyes before swinging your legs over the edge of the bed and placing your feet on the floor.

You went to the door and turned the handle without hesitation. Though it's early, it's his day off and you figured he was probably just taking a shower to get ready for your plans for the day.

But instead, he was standing in the bathroom in front of the mirror. He had no shirt on and he was staring at his feet. You could see the frown on your face and at the sight of him looking so sad, you instantly frowned, too.

"Luke?"

He jumped and quickly looked up at the sound of your voice. Your eyes locked in the reflection of the mirror and he let out a sigh before staring back down at his feet.

You came up behind him and put your arms around him. You peppered kisses across his shoulders and though he was trying not to smile, a very small and very sad one still tugged at his lips.

"I was worried about you. I woke up and you weren't there."

"Sorry, babe. I was gonna take a shower but I guess I got sidetracked."

"With admiring yourself in the mirror?" You chuckled as you teased him. In your eyes, he had every reason to do so. He's beautiful and you find yourself stealing glances every chance you get. Though you were only messing with him and your words and touch were only meant to be loving, he swallowed thickly and mumbled something under his breath you couldn't quite catch.

"What'd you say, baby?"

"Not admiring." He spoke. "I don't like what I see right now."

Your heart dropped in your chest and your eyes locked as he dared to lift his head and stare at you in the mirror.

"It's a new album, a new era. I don't feel great about myself this time around. Some comments have been getting under my skin and I,"

"Don't." You interrupted. Your voice was a whisper and a soft one at that. You heard him let out a shaky sigh and look away again. So you managed to get him to turn around. Instantly, you put your arms around him and hugged him as tight as you could. "I think you're perfect just the way you are."

He parted his lips only for them to close again as you lay your index finger on them.

"In all my life, never have I ever known someone as amazing as you. Not only do I think you're handsome on the outside, but I know for a fact that you're the most beautiful human on the inside. You're so caring and kind. Look at how many people love and adore you. They look up to you because you care about them and you're a good example. You have a heart of gold and you always go out of your way to make sure that people around you are happy."

He dropped his forehead onto yours, eyes moving to watch your lips move as you spoke.

"Luke, you should know by now that people on the internet that say those things are just trolls. They're just people with nothing better to do or people that feel miserable. They take it out on others to try to make themselves feel better and it's so unfair and so cruel. But you're better than that and you don't have to prove that. You know it, I know it. The boys, your friends, your family, your fans that love you more than anything in the world; they know it."

He cracked a smile, his blue eyes looking like they were filling with tears.

"Don't let some comments from some trolls get you down. Remember, no matter what happens, I will always love you the same. You're my entire world. You always remind me how beautiful I am, so I'm gonna do the same for you."

He furrowed his eyebrows but stopped and started to laugh as you started to pepper kisses across his face.

"You're amazing!" You spoke gleefully and felt his grip on you tighten.

"Okay!" He laughed and moved his head back so you'd pull away. His lips touched yours as he pulled you in for a loving kiss. "I love you so much. Thank you for making me feel better."

"It's what I'm here for."

He smiled and pulled you into his arms. Letting out a soft sigh against your lips, he melted into your kisses as he started to feel much better than before; thanks to you.