you fall asleep in the car

Your day with the boys has been fun but the sun had gone down a few hours ago and it was getting late now. You were exhausted from the activities the day had held and you had almost fallen asleep on Ashton's couch, but Luke had noticed how tired you were and what time it was and decided it was time for you to head on home.

"Did you have a good time today babe?" He threw his arm over your shoulder as you walked to the car. "I always do when I'm around the boys. It was a great day! But now I'm really tired."

Luke definitely felt the same, so he was happy to be on your way home now. You both got into the car and he started to drive. You searched the stations for something good to listen to, eventually stumbling onto panic! at the disco.

A soft sigh fell from your lips. One of Luke's hands moved from the center console to hold yours. You flashed him a tired smile and he sent you one back before pulling your hand to his lips, giving it a soft kiss.

You leaned your head against the seat and it wasn't long before you were out like a light; the drive home, the darkness outside the window, and Luke's thumb brushing across your knuckles soothing you to sleep.

"I'm glad you had fun today," Luke said as he kept his eyes on the road, unaware you had fallen asleep until he turned his head a few seconds later when you still hadn't said anything back to him. His heart did leaps in his chest at the sight fo you looking so precious with your head tilted back and tiny snores leaving your parted lips.

"You're just the cutest." He whispered softly. He hated taking his eyes off of you but knew he had to in order to get you home safely, and about ten minutes later he pulled into the driveway and turned off the car. He couldn't bring himself to wake you up so he got out of the car and went to your side.

You stirred a little as he unbuckled your seatbelt. "It's alright, baby. I've got you." He muttered softly, giving your forehead a soft kiss before lifting you into his arms and carrying you to the door.

He unlocked the door and stepped inside. Your eyes fluttered open and you couldn't stop the hum of contentment leaving your lips as you realized what was happening. "You're so sweet," you mumbled to him then kissed his shoulder.

He looked down at you, eyes meeting your own. His lips pulled into a smile. Carefully, he began to carry you up to bed. "Anything for my girl." There was a flutter in your heart as you put your head back down against his shoulder and closed your eyes again.

You felt the soft mattress beneath you a moment later. Luke caressed your cheek and the smile you had on your face told him that you were still awake. Your eyes opened again, gazing directly into the soft blue ones already gazing at you. "Hey, beautiful."

You took his hand, lacing your fingers together. "Hi, baby."

You used your other hand to move through his blonde curls. "Thank you for carrying me to bed. It felt like I was floating on a cloud." Luke giggled but nodded his head. "I love you." He soon let go of your hand making you frown. "Hey, come back here."

He laughed and hovered over you. His nose nudged your cheek before the tip of it brushed against yours. "I'm just gonna go change. I'll be right back." He kissed the corner of your lips before climbing out of bed and making his way to the closet.

Hew quickly returned to you and climbed into bed with you. "I love you." He whispered softly in your ear, making you open your tired eyes once again. "I love you, Luke." He took your hand again and breathed out a sigh of happiness. "Sleep tight, y/n. Sweet dreams."

You moved to lay your head down on his chest. With his fingers in yours and the beat of his heart against your ear, it wasn't long till you were falling back asleep. "You too, Luke. Goodnight."