you have a bad day

When you entered the house you expected to be greeted with your boyfriend on the couch with Petunia beside him. You expected to hear the sound of his favorite film or maybe even find him sleeping. It was his day off after all.

But what you were met with was much different.

It was dark and quiet. The lights were only dimmed, not really providing you much light. Luke wasn't in the living room. He wasn't anywhere to be seen.

You crept upstairs and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed. His head lifted at the sound of your footsteps. He wore the brightest smile when he saw you. "Hey." He smiled as he came over to you and pulled you into his arms.

You felt relaxed from his touch alone. You could smell his cologne and it made your heart leap a little. "I have something special for you." He said against your neck before he kissed it softly and pulled away. He instead took you by the hand and led you to the bathroom where you saw a bath all ready for you.

You could faintly hear your favorite music playing. His sweater, the one you always loved to steal from him, was laid out on the countertop. It was all so sweet and after the day you'd had, it only made it more heartwarming.

Luke wrapped his arms around you and you let out a sigh as he held you close, there in the dimly lit bathroom. "You did all of this for me?" He nodded. "Your friend called me. She told me you had a bad day. So I figured you needed to relax. This entire night is devoted to you. I plan on ordering your favorite and I have your favorite films all set up for us to watch."

You were in awe of your boyfriend. He always seemed to know just what you needed to feel better. "Have I ever told you that I only fall even more in love with you every day?" He brushed his nose against your cheek and then kissed it softly.

"The feeling is very much mutual, baby. Now, take off your clothes and get in the water while it's still warm." He helped you undress then step inside the tub. The water felt so good. It wasn't too hot or too cold. It was just right.

"How's it feel?"

You leaned your head back and sighed contently. "Absolutely wonderful." Luke kissed your forehead softly. "Good. I'll be waiting for you, okay?"

You opened your eyes and saw that he was getting up to leave. You grabbed his wrist, watching as the water dripped onto his sock covered feet. "Don't go. Please stay with me."

Luke knelt back down in front of you and wrapped his fingers around your hand. He kissed each of your fingers softly before leaning his head down on your arm that laid on the porcelain of the tub. "Okay. I'll stay."

He helped you wash your hair. His fingers moving through your hair, nails scratching your head slightly as they moved to get the shampoo and conditioner out of it made you feel even more at ease.

He then helped you wash up. He poured some shower gel onto a cloth and slowly moved it down your body. You felt his lips press against your skin here and there which would only cause you to close your eyes as a smile appeared on your face.

And when you finished, he grabbed you a fluffy towel and wrapped it around your body. He helped you dry off and then pulled the sweater over your head. He laughed over how messy your wet hair was. "You look so adorable." He said and kissed your lips softly before taking you by your hand back to the bedroom.

You laid down and heard the intro to your favorite movie begin. Luke laid with you in bed, covering you up with the blanket before his fingers slid under the soft fabric and then under his sweater you were wearing.

He let his fingers dance along your spine lightly. "I love you so much. I'm sorry your day was so bad. But know that I believe in you. Even when it feels like no one else does, I promise that I do. Tomorrow will be a better day."

"What if it's not, though? What if it's just as bad as today was?"

You asked as you looked up at him. He brushed his thumb underneath your chin before leaning down to gently kiss your lips. "Then I'll make it all better. I'll spoil you like crazy, just as you deserve."

He started to gently move his fingers through your hair. "You deserve the whole world, y/n. I promise I'm always gonna make your bad days better. I love you to the moon and back."

You smiled and listened to the soft beat of his heart under his shirt as he laced your fingers together beneath the blanket.

"I'll do anything for you." He said and kissed your head.

It felt like the rest of the world just faded away as he held you there. All your worries were gone. All you could focus on was Luke, and you didn't ever want it any other way.