lazy day cuddles

A flutter on the side of his neck awoke Luke. He hummed as he stretched out his legs and felt you move the blanket further up his shoulders as it slid from his body and a shiver went down his spine.

When he felt the flutter again he opened his eyes. A smile appeared on his face when he felt that it was your eyelashes on his skin as you gave him butterfly kisses. "Good morning." He murmured as he closed his eyes again.

"Good morning Luke! It's gonna be a good day,"

His heart fluttered at your enthusiasm. He definitely needs it after the long few days he's had. "Yeah?"

You nodded and pressed your cheek against his shoulder. "Yes! Because you have the day off and so do I."

His eyes lit up and he brushed his thumb across your back. "Good. So we have no reason to get out of bed." He sighed as he laid his head back, debating on going back to sleep for just a few more minutes. But he heard a giggle fall from your lips and, even as tired as he felt, he knew that he wanted to stay awake with you instead.

"Actually..." You trailed off and tugged the blanket off of him. He groaned and tried to reach back for it only for you to throw it to the edge of the bed. "We do have a reason to get up. Come on, let's go brush our teeth!"

You pulled at his hand and even though he really didn't want to get out of bed, he did follow right behind you. He turned on the faucet and wet his toothbrush before squirting some toothpaste onto it, only to feel you hugging him from behind as he brushed his teeth.

When you both finished he took a moment to bring you into his arms and hug you close. The last few days have been busy, for both of you. He loved it when lazy days came around. It meant that he got to spend the day with you, in your arms, or with you in his. He lived for these days.

You went back to bed and he grabbed the blanket from the edge of the bed before laying next to you. He saw you turn the tv on and you offered to let him choose what to watch by trying to hand him the remote, but he just shook his head. "No. I'm fine with whatever, maybe just a comedy or something."

He always wants to watch comedy films, because he loves when you get into them and that infectious, joyous laugh rolls from your lips over and over again. And this time wouldn't be any different, since you turned on 'grown ups', and Luke knows just how much you love that movie.

He held his arms open for you and you didn't hesitate to crawl into them. You stared at him, brushing your fingers through his curls. He wrapped his fingers around your palm and looked you in the eyes as he kissed across your palm. "I love you." You whispered softly.

"I love you too."

You buried your face in his neck, enjoying the feeling of his lips in your hair and his fingers dancing along your spine as he slipped his hand beneath the shirt you had on - his shirt.

You turned your head, focusing on the movie. You roared with laughter and all Luke could do was grin from ear to ear and soon enough, he was laughing with you.

He put his head down on yours and closed his eyes. Feeling content as you moved your hand to the back of his neck and mindlessly played with his curls, he found himself drifting off to sleep with a smile on his face.

"Love you, baby." You whispered in his ear and kissed the shell of it softly. You let him sleep as you continued to watch the movie, both of you content in each other's arms.

And the best part about it was that you still had the entire day ahead of you. Hours upon hours to just lay there with Luke.