swarmed by paparazzi (requested)

After being so busy for so long, Luke was happy to be able to take you out on a date. He made it really romantic; taking you to the fancy restaurant you've been wanting to try reserving a table for you away from the rest of the restaurant where everything was as private as possible. He held your hand most of the time, even bringing it up to kiss across your knuckles whenever he pleased.

After dinner, he planned to take you for a walk through the park. The sun had just set and it was such a beautiful night and he knows how much you've been wanting to do something like this. But of course, paparazzi always somehow knew where you were at and always interrupted his plans.

As soon as you walked out of the restaurant, laughing with your boyfriend as he told you about something that happened at the studio this week, the bright flashes of cameras and the yells of the paparazzi cut you off.

Sensing your nerves, Luke took ahold of your hand and intertwined your fingers within his own. "It's alright. Just try to ignore them. I'm right here." He soothed, kissing your hand softly before letting it fall with his by his side.

You both tried to keep your heads down. You hated the sound and the invasive yet rude questions that they never hesitated to ask and throw around. You were scared, your hand was shaking in your boyfriends. He was about to wrap his arm around you instead when one of them got a little too close and practically shoved the camera into your face.

"Hey, back up! Leave her alone!" He yelled, his protective side coming out as he let your hand go and put his arm around your waist, pulling you to his side and rubbing his hand up and down your back. He pulled out his keys and frantically hit the lock button and the sound didn't come from too far away, signaling that it wasn't much further to go.

"It's alright, I'm here." He soothed, feeling your tense muscles in your back. "Can't you just give us some space?" He kept trying to get them to back off, but with every attempt it just seemed like it made them swarm you both even more.

He groaned and just kept walking. Relief washed over him when he saw the car and you both quickly made your way over there. He made sure you got inside safely before he did the same. He pulled out of the parking spot, the sound of the paparazzi started to fade and soon enough, it became quiet.

He drove a few blocks away before parking the car and turning to you. "Baby, you okay?" He took your hands and held them in his. "I know how scary it can be. I'm sorry that this happened. I wanted to take you on a walk through the park and everything but-"

"Hey," you whispered, pulling one of your hands from his grip and moving it to his cheek. "It's okay. I know that this happens. It sucks, but we're both okay and that's what's most important, right?" He nodded. "As lovely as a walk in the park sounds, I think going home and laying in bed in our sweats while we watch some movies sounds equally as good. Don't you think so?"

He smiled and moved his hand to cup your chin, pulling you in for a kiss. "I love you so much."

"I love you too. Thanks for always keeping me safe and for always knowing what to say and do to make me feel better when that happens. You're amazing." You kissed him once more. "Now, let's go home." He nodded and started the car, happy to go home and spend the rest of the night inside with you.

It sounded just as great and as long as he got to spend time with him, he didn't care what you did; he was just happy to be with you.