he calls you his wife but you're not married

He held your hand, walking you through the backyard with a bright smile on his face.

His family is hosting a get-together. It's one of the first ones he's been able to attend in a while due to work and he was so thrilled when he heard about it and even more excited when you told him you'd go with him when he asked you.

"Luke?" He stopped walking and turned to you. "I'm a little nervous. There's quite a lot of people here and all I know are your brothers and your parents." He smiled and wrapped his arm around your waist. "Well, that's why I'm with you, baby. I'm happy to introduce you to some of them. C'mon." He kissed your cheek then proudly walked with you over to one of his moms' longtime friends.

"Luke! Oh it is so good to see you again. Who is this beautiful girl here?" You blushed at her comment, leaning your head on his shoulder. "This is my wife, y/n." Your eyes went wide as you stared back at her but you definitely couldn't help the smile pulling at your lips over his words.

"Your wife? Now how come we weren't invited?" She teased, nudging his ribs with his elbow. "Hello, y/n. I've heard quite a lot about you. I definitely didn't hear anything about you two being married but you're even prettier than his family has described you being." Your grin was uncontrollable at that point. "Thank you!"

"Oh, I should go say hi to other friends arriving! I'll catch up with you two soon." She waved and politely walked away, leaving you and your very embarrassed boyfriend alone. Luke was looking anywhere but at you. Looking around at his parents' backyard like it was the first time he'd ever seen it.

"Luke? Hey, look at me." You giggled, cupping his cheek as he turned to look at you with his lip stuck out. "I'm sorry, y/n. I swear I never meant to say it. It's just that the boys were teasing me about when I was gonna ask you to marry me already and I guess I just got mixed up."

You chuckled at how flustered he was. "Baby, it's alright. Honestly? I liked the way it sounded. Something about hearing the word fall from your lips makes me feel so happy." He started to smile. "Yeah?"

You nodded, leaning in to kiss him. "Wait." You pulled away from the kiss, looking into his eyes. "When the boys asked you that, what did you say?"

He just smiled. "Oh, my sweet girl, you will find out soon enough. Now come on! More people are showing up and I have to introduce you to them." He smirked as you whined and walked with him, only more curious now than before.