Chapter 6

"Isabella, I don't know what you want from me. I can't be both parents in one. The least you could do is make my life easier by being good," my mother said, slamming her hands down on the counter.

"Mom, I've been abused and you won't fucking believe me!" I scream back, tugging at the ends of my hair.

"High school relationships aren't real, Isabella! Whatever happened was a learning experience for both of you, and you need to get that through your thick skull!" she finally said, her hair drooping down onto her forehead.

A single tear slipped down my cheek as I looked into her broken eyes. I wasn't happy here. I couldn't deal with this anymore.

"Nether was your fucking marriage, mom."

**********************

Trigger warning. Sorry, I added it late.

"I have no idea what you should wear. I never helped you get ready. That was more Lydia's thing," Chase groaned, lying on my bed. I groaned and threw the shirt I was looking at on the ground. Why did everything look absolutely trashy on me?

"Chase, come on, it's not that hard," I placed my hands on my hips and looked at him condescendingly.

"If it isn't that hard," he looked up from his phone, "why can't you do it?" he asked. I stuck my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes.

I used to go to more parties, but I haven't been to one in a while. But getting a little bit of alcohol in my system might help me.

I looked through my closet again and pulled out some high-waisted shorts and a top with no sleeves.

"Hell no," Chase muttered, watching me look at the items.

"Why not?" I ask, stripping out of my shirt. Chase has seen me naked so many times it wasn't even weird anymore.

"Nope. Nope. Nope," he kept reciting as I slipped on the outfit with a strapless bra.

"Come on, I look great in green," I slid the green, strapless shirt on and laughed, glancing in the mirror. I loved it.

"Those shorts are too short. It's barely spring," he muttered. I patted his leg.

"Chase, I'll be fine. Plus, I'm bringing a jacket. If I'm cold," I grabbed a jacket from the nearby closet, "I'll still look cute," I stuck my tongue out at him again as I slipped on my pair of green Converse.

"Ughhh," Chase groaned, getting up slowly. I picked his outfit out already. Black ripped jeans and a white T-shirt. Bad boy look. I loved it on him. Even though it was deceiving. I knew he was just a big teddy bear inside. 

"You look so cute," I patted his cheeks and he laughed, tying up his boots.

"Let's go. The party starts in five minutes. We're gonna be late no matter what," Chase handed me my clutch and I put everything I needed inside of it.

"Okay. I'm ready," I only had simple mascara on, and brushed my wavy hair out. I felt like I couldn't put in more effort. Half of me wanted to just stay home, the other wanted nothing more than to leave this god-forsaken place. 

"Good, let's go," 

Chase decided to drive my car since I hadn't started it in a while. I knew how to drive, and I used to drive a lot, but I just lost interest in driving after a while, and would rather be driven around. Sue me, I know it's selfish and needy, but I'm a pillow princess-

I mean, passenger princess.

Yeah. 

"Wow," I mutter, looking at the cars in the driveway with a smile. Abigail's parties always had a weird formal aspect to them.