Chapter 29

Just a friendly reminder that I love all of you so much, and if any of you ever need to talk, hit me up on Wattpad, or my new littlespace insta. It is SFW and will probably have updates and other little things.

FOLLOW MY AGE REGRESSION INSTA!!! beebo_beebs

***********************

I watched him as he slept.

Inner stalker, hello again.

His blonde hair was tossed around and his mouth was slightly parted.

I didn't know him anymore.

He looked like a little boy, his arms on my chest.

He shifted, wrapping his arms around me in his sleep, pulling me closer, his head resting on my upper chest.

"You're going to make this harder," I mumble, letting a tear fall from my eye.

He tightened his arms around me and mumbled again, sleeping deeply.

"I'm so sorry."

*******************

I wish I could say I was counting the minutes, hours, seconds since Cole left. But I've been in a daze.

I wanted him to hug me and tell me everything was alright.

But I didn't deserve it. I know I didn't.

Chase came over to comfort me. He said Cole texted him and explained that his Dad's car broke down and he was going to surprise me with flowers.

I felt like such a dick.

He was looking forward to camping so much.

Chase was sleeping soundly at the foot of my bed. I was merely lying on top of my bed. I didn't sleep much last night.

"Hmmmmmmm," Chase groaned, stretching his long limbs as he sat up.

"Good Morning," he mumbled, yawning. 

"It's actually 12:09 I said, glancing at my phone again. I had been rapidly checking it for the past few hours. Sure Cole would call anytime.

"I feel like I slept on a brick," Cole mumbled, rubbing his eyes. I let out a small chuckle as his eyes landed on my feet, which he was laying on.

"Makes sense," he mumbles.

We were silent for a second.

"I fucked up, didn't I?" I ask, loosing a chuckle.

"Yep. Yep, you did. Especially since you didn't tell me, your best friend either," he stood up and rubbed his back, "but that's a lecture for another time."

I sighed and glanced down at my toes. I knew I fucked up. But I let myself get in the way. I was becoming more and more toxic. It's time for a relationship detox.

I stood up and got ready for the morning, trying to distance myself from my phone.

"He'll come around, Bee," Chase said, cracking an egg into a pan. Healthy eater. Why does he have to be a healthy eater?

"Yeah, well I-"

Chase stopped me, "You fucked up. I know. This is common knowledge. Now, when he comes back to talk to you, apologize and everything goes back to normal," Cole says, flipping his egg over.

"It's not that simple!" I groan.

"It might not be. But I'm not going to coddle you and say," he pretended to flip his hair back and raised his voice, "Oh sweetie you did nothing wrong and I hope Cole comes to his senses and whatever," he says, his face hardening again, "Because that isn't true,"