Chapter 19

I don't normally put my author's notes at the top of the chapter, but this chapter will have some content that may trigger people with PTSD or other disorders. Please be careful. If you start reading and become uncomfortable, please click off before something bad happens. I love you all and don't want anyone to feel bad in any way, shape, or form. Okay my babies? Good.

Now, on with the chapter.

If you didn't read that, shame on you.

Not really. I still love you, babe.

Okay. I'll let y'all read now.

***********

He grabbed me by my hair.

"You don't get to talk to me that way!" he growled. I gasped and a tear slid down my cheek. His hand was clasped around my throat, squeezing tightly. I barely had room to breathe.

"Please stop, Atty... you've changed," I choked out. Atty tossed me onto the bed before him and I curled up, hoping I'd wake up from this nightmare. This wasn't how it was supposed to go down.

"You need to be taught a lesson," he crawled on top of me and pinned my arms above my head.

"I don't want it!" I screamed, kicking him harsly in the stomach

. Atticus' hand came down on me before I could react. He wasn't the same. The boy I knew was gone. The boy towering over me was not the boy I fell in love with.

"Just shut up. This will make me happy. And tat's what you want? Isn't it?" he asked, lying himself on top of me, pinning me down further.

I bawled as he tore off my shirt, helpless.

I was paralyzed.

******************

"Isabella!" he called as my eyes closed. I swallowed and let the ringing in my ears calm down to a level tone. I could hear Coles voice, but he was nowhere near my conscience.

Arms, gentle arms, wrapped around my small frame. It was warm. My entire body was warm. It was dark. I've never favored the dark. That's where all the monsters lingered. Not just any monsters, but my own inner demons.

My past.

My eyes fluttered open once more and Coles face was inches from mine.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. Cole loosed a breath and hugged me tight.

"Goddamn you scared me, Isabella," he embraced me tightly, a gasp running through him.

"I'm sor-"

"Dont you dare say you're sorry, Isabella. I'm sorry. I should've put you down when you first started screaming. I thought you were just being a brat," he sat up and ran a hand through his hair, is face framed with guilt and worry, "and I was bringing you to time-out in your room. I'm so insensitive," he ran a hand across his forehead and I grabbed onto it.

"No. I should've told you what happened before we started this entire relationship," I shakily pushed myself up, looking down. There was a wet stain on my sheets. Shit.

"Fuck," I whispered under my breath. Cole followed my eyes and gently placed a hand on my back, running it up and down.

"Hey, it's okay. It's natural for you to urinate when you pass out. It's nothing to be embarrassed about," he offered me a hand and I gently pulled myself up. Cole helped me to the bathroom and I sat down on the closed toilet. Utterly exhausted.