Chapter 8

Before the night came San had to help with cleaning the shrine as well as some utensils they'd need for the ritual, so he was even more tired when he finally got to his room and laid down on his bed.
Just way too much happened in one day and it felt like it would never end, but now it was finally night and he couldn't wait to sleep through the whole night, maybe even skipping uni just to sleep more.

But someone in the heavens wasn't on his side, sitting up groaning when he was awoken when the moon stood highest.
He could hear voices outside of his room, they were hushed but San and probably a lot of other Clan-member could still hear them.
"Soobin told me to come over immediately, he said there were problems with that guy they found," Moonbin said, probably to San's mother if he would guess. It was then followed by footsteps towards the main door, letting San guess that they were going to Yunho's family's residence.
San was thinking about following the med but hesitated, he was sure the two meds could help Wooyoung without him. If it would really be necessary they could use their element, while San would have to use magic to help the boy.
But after thinking about it for a short bit, he got out of bed, put on a hoodie and some pants and made his way to the other's residence.
Meanwhile, he also texted Yunho about what is probably happening, since he knew that he was staying at Mingi's overnight.

It seems like the whole clan was on their feet when San arrives, so he first looked for Sojung, already expecting her to be with Wooyoung so he made his way to the medic room.
In the said room there were Sojung, her parents, both medics and a few warriors in the room standing around the bed Wooyoung was laying on.
Soobin and Moonbin were talking about something that San couldn't understand, simply because he had no real idea about the element of healing and what kind of spells they use for it.
But seeing that they actually had to use their elemental power to help the boy shows how serious the situation was.

San went to Sojung, looking at Wooyoung for a second, but the sight actually hurt him in his heart. The boy was obviously in big pain, but it didn't seem like it only came from the wound in his shoulder.
"What happened?", San asked the little girl next to him.
"The bleeding didn't stop so Soobin tried to ease it with some of our special band-aids and some normal pain killers but something seems to react weirdly with something of it and he just suddenly started to scream, despite still being unconscious," she said, voice sad and not taking her eyes off Wooyoung.

Meanwhile, Soobin and Moonbin fell into some sort of matra, their eyes glowing in a slight peachy colour
Everyone in the room knew that if those two couldn't help him, it wouldn't find a good end, so  Mrs. Jeong decided to send everyone out of the room except the two medics and a warrior that was practised in the medical magic so he could help if it was necessary.

San tried his best to calm down the girl by distracting her as good as possible, trying not to focus their conversation on Wooyoung.
He even managed to get her back into her room in hopes that she would sleep soon. Additional to that he also texted Yunho about what happened, even though he was probably sleeping but he would still update him if something new should happen.
It was almost dawn when Soobin and Moonbin left the medic room, both noticeably exhausted, but still somehow relieved.
Sojung jumped up from her bed and ran over to the two medics, most probably bombarding them with questions.
Whatever they said to her, it seemed to be positive, considering her reaction being jumping around them and pulling them into a warm hug.
Moonbin and Sojung came over to San while Soobin most probably went to report to the Clan-heads.
"It will probably take a few hours to a day until he'll wake up again, but the wound is closed as good as possible so the bleeding has stopped but we couldn't prevent him getting a scar" Moonbin explained.
"I think the scar will be his smallest problem. You did well" San told him with a smile.
"Thanks" Moonbin replied "but now I really need a good rest" he added.
"You deserve it" Sojung agreed. "I'll treat you for dinner as a thank, how does that sound?", she then offered, but the older shook his head.
"No need to, it's my job to help" he reminded her.
"But still! He's none of our nor of your clan and you and Soobin still helped out" Sojung insisted.
Moonbin laughed, knowing that Sojung will not rest until he says yes to her offer. "Fine, but only a snack, no dinner" he then said, getting an excited nod from the girl.
"If that's all I'll be going back, it's still early so I might get some sleep before I need to run my errands" he laughed before making his way back.
"I'll also go home, be sure to get some sleep and don't stress Wooyoung right after he wakes up," San told the girl, who nodded in agreement before he also left to go back.
Now, the only thing that is left to question was, what Wooyoung actually was and the only hope they had were the ancestors and if they can't tell him what he was, he would be the only one who knows it. And the possibility that he would tell them by himself? Probably lower than 0.

___________________

Welp, what is Wooyoung? 🤔

It'll be answered sometime in the future, but the people who know me know that it can take a looong time xD

Phi 💜