Chapter 18

To let Wooyoung have some time to think about, Mrs Jeong dismissed him as well, saying that Soobin should have a room ready for him to stay in.

It didn't take too long until he found the medic, or rather he found Wooyoung as the latter still couldn't orientate himself all that well.
The walk to the room was completely silent but Wooyoung was actually glad about it, his thoughts were still running way too fast and he wasn't sure about what he's supposed to do now.

The room provided for him was fairly big and was only furnished with the most necessary furniture but it was enough for Wooyoung. He still wasn't too sure if he should stay for too long, honestly...

"You're free to run around the estate but dinner will be served soon so don't go too far," Soobin told him before closing the door, leaving the boy alone.

With a sigh, Wooyoung sat down on the bed. Even after sleeping so much he still felt so exhausted that he could probably sleep another day or two before gaining his full energy back.
Deciding that he could look around the estate maybe later, he lied down, staring at the ceiling, trying not to think of what his family might be doing right now.
Are they even worried about him? How is Changbin doing? 

He thought about contacting his friend somehow but he could imagine that his parents would look over his phone constantly ever since Wooyoung ran off to check if he had contacted his friend at home. 
Maybe he could somehow secretly message him over some kind of fake account so their parents wouldn't suspect anything... the two of them had a texting code so their parents wouldn't know what they were talking about, he therefore just had to hope that Changbin would understand that it's him texting and not some actual random dude...

After thinking about it for a bit longer, he decided to text his friend the next day or rather night as Changbin tends to be awake at the most ungodly hours of the day.
But then again, he was the probably most stereotypical wolf-animagus Wooyoung knew, considering his obsession with the moon.

Wooyoung wasn't sure if he slept or maybe just drifted off, but sooner than expected Soobin knocked on the door, calling him to dinner.
Honestly, Wooyoung was a bit reluctant to go there. He was sure that Mr and Mrs Jeong told the others of the clan about Wooyoung, it was their right to know after all since he was on their territory, but he still was afraid about how they might react. 

With slow steps, he followed the medic, taking his seat next to Sojung once again, only then noticing that the other clans were also still present.
He didn't even dare to look up, not even when Sojung was talking to him.

Considering the looks he could feel burning everywhere on the skin, he guessed that the others knew as well now, probably being wary about him even more now.
The other younger ones, who were sitting at the same end of the table as him, were just chatting normally, apparently not caring about his origin, for which he was rather grateful, that way at least they weren't staring at him most of the time.

At the end of dinner, Sojung persuaded Wooyoung to show him the rest of the property, or at least as much as she could show him as she was still grounded from earlier this week.
So now he was silently following the younger girl while she told him everything about the rooms they were coming across. 

He only gave responses when he had so and didn't speak a word otherwise, still feeling pretty drained.

"Hey, Wooyoung..." Sojung started, turning around to the boy who only then looked up from the ground. "What do you think of the others?", she asked.
"The others?", Wooyoung questioned, not knowing who exactly she meant with that.
"You know, Hongjoong and the others," she said with a shrug. 
"I guess they're okay? I don't really know them so I don't really know what to think of them" he told her with a frown. 
"You're right, the question was stupid" Sojung laughed as she turned around again, continuing to walk down the long hallway.

Wooyoung was slightly confused by the girl but just shook his head and followed her again, quickly catching up to her as the distance wasn't that big yet. 

Honestly, the only things he knew about the boys was that they were seemingly all the heirs from their clan. He knew what weapon Hongjoong fights with and could take a guess what his element might be but he didn't know anything about any of the others, not even their names if he was honest (well, other than San and Yunho, obviously).

"You still seem rather out of it. Should I bring you back to your room?", she then asked when she noticed how absent Wooyoung looked.
"Yeah, sorry" he mumbled, but Sojung only smiled at him, carefully taking his hand as she lead him in the right direction. 

"You weren't really able to walk around when you first got here so let me tell you a few of the ground rules here," Sojung said once they got to his room. "You best don't leave the main house two hours after dinner except it was stated differently by my parents. Breakfast will be served two hours after the sun went up. If you should walk around on the territory you'll probably notice when our territory ends, if you notice the border don't go over it, at least not for now" she explained to which Wooyoung only obediently nodded. 

Of course, he wanted to leave the territory, simply to regain his energy once, but for now, he decided to follow the rules. Because, sure, Mrs Jeong said she believes him but he didn't want to play with her trust as he was positive that it wasn't something you could regain easily once you lost it, or even get it in the first place in general.

________________________

i don't have much to say, once again lol
I hope y'all liked the chapter, if so, feel free to leave comments or likes uwu

see you next time~
Phi✨