Check Yes Juliet - Nanwoo

Nancy heard some strange noises that woke her up from her light slumber. She gets up, slightly annoyed with the tiny sounds coming from her window. Nancy walks over and opens it, only to see a shadowy figure in a hoodie throwing what seems like pebbles. The figure stops when they noticed Nancy.

"Yeonwoo unnie?"

"Nancy!"

"What are you doing? It's..." Nancy looks at her phone. "It's three in the morning! And it's raining! If anyone sees you here-"

"Run away with me."

"What?"

"You heard me. Run away with me."

"Dabin it's too late. Go back home-"

"Well I'm not leaving till you come outside."

"Seriously?" Yeonwoo doesn't say anything, she just stays in her place in the pouring rain. "Dabin-"

"Don't make me do it." The older woman said. Nancy's eyes widen, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"That's really not necessary-"

"NANSHIIIII SARANGHAE!" Yeonwoo exclaimed loudly which made Nancy panic.

"Okay! I'm coming! Stop yelling!" Nancy said, Yeonwoo gives her a cheeky grin. Nancy closes her window and quickly changes her clothes and walks out her room to her parents room, she gently opened the door and saw both her mother and father dead to the world, she was relieved they didn't hear a thing.

          Yeonwoo and Nancy knew each other since they were kids, since Nancy was 4 and Yeonwoo was 8. Nancy lived in America with her father until she came back to Korea to live with her mother. Yeonwoo happened to be her next door neighbor and has been looking over Nancy since she first laid eyes on her. Yeonwoo believed it was her duty to keep Nancy safe at all times because she was small and fragile. She would bark at anyone who even looked at her funny. Nancy thought Yeonwoo was the greatest superhero to ever live. She loved spending every moment she could with the older girl. She thought Yeonwoo was the coolest and smartest person in the world when she would help her with her homework and recite anime quotes on the spot. Nancy never paid attention or had a desire to read comics or watch anything like anime, but she did it cause it made Dabin happy.

          Nancy's father was a pastor, her mother was the lead violist in the church band, Yeonwoo's father was the guitarist while her mother was in the choir. The parents had known each other for a long time and was delighted that their daughters were getting along and slowly becoming best friends. The adults would hold dinner or family game nights at each other houses. Everyone in the neighborhood knew the families and was never shocked when Yeonwoo would be stuck to Nancy's hip and vice versa. There were some people skeptical of the two girls being so close but others just deemed they were really close to each other.

          Yeonwoo would say she had a normal high school experience. She wasn't the worse in school but she wasn't the best, she was as good as she thought she was. She did track and soccer in school, captain for both teams. Nancy had attended all her games and even some away games, all cheering for the captain and happily exclaiming to everyone that Yeonwoo was her best friend. After every game, Nancy and Yeonwoo would go back to Nancy's house and eat from ice cream and watch movies the whole night, it was a tradition that both girls enjoyed but something Nancy didn't think would stop anytime soon.

         Nancy noticed that Yeonwoo had been acting really strange around her, Yeonwoo would make excuses to not hang out with the young girl, claiming she had stuff to do and Nancy had to focus on her homework. It was strange for Nancy considering that Yeonwoo never once cared about homework or school in general. She tried to go over to her house but her parents would say she wasn't home, instead she was out with other people. One day Nancy had finished class and noticed Yeonwoo talking to a girl she had seen a couple of times around school, she noticed how touchy feely the other girl was and it made Nancy feel funny. Yeonwoo was never a touchy feely person to begin with, the only person she was like that with was Nancy. Yeonwoo would complain anytime Nancy wouldn't want to hug her, or kiss her cheek, or even just cuddle. Nancy's attention would have to be on Yeonwoo anytime they were together. So for Nancy to see that she was with another girl made her feel some type of way.