-The Tales of Ōtakemaru/Kijin-

His Ōtakemaru form and the boy is his actual body

The model character: Ōtakemaru from Onmyoji
Other character: ??? from ghost Samurai??
To honor their names, I'll keep them in the story
———————

I work at the temple of Byōdōin where the legend of Ōtakemaru was kept secretive in the treasury. Everyone was too scared to proceed down that hallway to the room where he is kept.

People would say: "you'll be curse if you go down there" even men ran away from the hallways, basically the hallway was right beside the female bedroom, but everyone was terrified of going over there, so they blocked off the room since people were too petrified to sleep there.

I, on the other hand, wasn't scared of that area. They immediately blessed my holiness, cleansing me, knowing something evil was lingering down there. They were glad for me to watch over the treasury because of all the riches they had in there and thieves would strive to open it.

I accepted the job while walking down the hall I could hear a faint moan coming from inside the room. The treasury room.

I knocked on it, trying to figure out, if the kijin could hear me. It was fascinating about the tales of the kijin and Onis even. I'm supposed to not take that in my interest, but it still does.

"Hello, Mr.Ōtakemaru? Are you there?" I was intrigued on if he was actually in there, or people probably didn't know there was something creaking in there maybe.

I sighed out and placed my back onto the door. "This is super boring, I can't believe how many people would be scared of this area. The dude's not real. Just a folklore." I was pretty disappointed with the kijin being stuck inside there.

All of a sudden I felt my back being pushed forward, resulting into me, falling in front of me. "Stupid mice." I rolled my eyes and I continued to hear the moanings. I turned my head around to see an big oni mask looking face staring back at me through the crack of the wood.

I jumped a little before being enticed by it and crawled towards it. It glanced at my face for quite some time holding a momentary eye contact. I closed my eyes for a second and it was gone just like that.

I placed my hands onto the door and peeked through the wood. There was nothing there, so I stuck my arm through the tiny hole, trying to feel if something was actually there.

My hand touched something soft like hair. The silkiness was very nice feeling, some horns which shock me. I lowered my hand down a bit and felt a cheek then a nose, some eyes, but my palm went empty when I went lower.