2

"So you really haven't talked to her?"  Bri hollered at me.

"No I've been busy!" I said putting curlers in my clients head.

"Girl." She stopped cleaning her combs and turned to me. "Busy doing what?"

I scoffed "this is a hard unit okay! I don't want to fuck up nobody's head"

"Kya! How many times has she tried to text you?" She asked putting her hands on her hips.

"Only twice!" I said kinda quietly. It was the truth. She hit me up twice tryna talk but I don't know... I type out answers then I delete it all. "I don't want her to get the wrong idea"

"Mhmmmm what happened to you two being friends ? That's changed real quick"

"It's just kind of awkward okay? I don't like girls, and she seems to like me and-"

"And you like her back, and your scared so you running away" Bri said finishing my sentence for me.

"I don't like her!" I said shaking Mrs. Noris awake. She had feel asleep right after I washed her hair.

"Mhmmm, you just think she's cute... and funny... and sexy"

"Shut up" I said through my teeth guiding Mrs. Noris away.

"We're going to the mall after we leave here right?" Bri asked as soon as I came back from setting Mrs. Noris under the dryer.

It's kind of a routine for us. Every Friday we go to the mall after school, chose one of the places out of the food court to eat, and chill.

"Of course" I said starting to clean my work station.

"and what if you see her there?" She ask leaning on her counter.

"I won't!" Her saying that completely threw me off. "Last time was first time I ever saw her there why would I see her there again?"

"You put your hair dryer in your comb and brush cup" she smirked.

"Uh, Yea. Duh I wanted it there!" I lied.

Brianna gave me a questioning smile and finished cleaning up her station.

I didn't need to ask Bri whether she was still talking to Jaylen's best friend. She's been talking about him a lot this week. His name is Jamar. Yes, Jaylen and Jamar. Apparently they've been talking a lot

"I'm telling you girl! Gay is okay!" Bri said loudly as we walked into the mall entrance.

Some white dude with hair dyed blue and purple walking the opposite direction putting his fist in the air.

"Right on" he said in the whitest way possible.

I glared at her "stop being so loud. And i know Gay is okay, I'm NOT gay"

We stood in the middle of the food court trying to figure out what we wanted to eat.

All of a sudden everything was black. Two hands covered my eyes.

"Did you miss me?" I heard Jaylen's smooth voice say behind me. My heart started beating so fast.

"You scared me!" I said swinging around and hitting her chest lightly. She smiled confirming one of my many questions about her. She has one super deep dimple in her left cheek.

Fuckkkk. The way she was smiling at me. Why does she have to look so good?

"What are you doing here?" I asked smiling hard. Okay I'm not gonna lie. It wasn't her covering my eyes that scared me. It was her in general. The way she looks, the way she talks, Her confidence.