11

I thought about just letting it ring until she gives up but she called three times in a row, eventually I gave in.

"Hey... oh my god! Your eye!"

All around her left eye and cheek bone was bruised and cut up.

She chuckled. "It's fine.. seriously it looks worst then what it is."

"Jaylen did that to you?"

"You should see what I did to her" she smirked. "She made me ride with her to Walmart and find some makeup shit to cover it up for work."

"It's not funny Mean! You two really shouldn't be fighting! That's your sister."

"She hit me first! Over some shit that was true. That's why she didn't wanna say that shit. She knew I wasn't gonna just sit there and let her do that shit to another girl"

"I can't believe this."

"I can't believe you ain't tell me you were straight." She propped the phone up and started to roll.

"Well... I thought I was now I don't know."

"Oh hell.."

She shook her head.

"I'm serious.. I think I like girls."

She laughed. "Well if you do, let me know something."

"I think I want to try something... with a girl."

She looked up from licking her blunt.

Damn, somehow those bruises make her look even sexier.

"I mean I would offer. But I'm not tryna be nobody's experiment. That shits not fun."

I bit my lip. "I get it... Maybe I'm not ready anyway. I don't know, I'm scared. Now I'm wondering if everything I'm feeling is just from Jaylen messing with my head."

"Maybe, maybe not. Y'all didn't fuck. Maybe you just need to get rid of that sexual tension.. that doesn't make you gay, that makes you horny."

This is the first time Mean has had an actual 'friend' conversation with me without flirting or making it about sex. I guess she really doesn't do straight girls.

I was kind of salty about it.

She watched me on the screen as she smoked.

"What you thinking about?"

I sighed "I don't know. I have a lot on my mind... I should go to bed I'm tired." I lied.

I spent the rest of the weekend trying to do anything I could to avoid my feelings.

Jaylen kept trying to hit me up and call me and find anyway she could to communicate. Bri even had to get cussed out. She claimed Jamal convinced her that Jaylen was sick over me and really needs to talk to me so bad.

I've been talking to Mean here and there. I don't know, it doesn't feel the same. She's chill as usual but half the time she doesn't even try to flirt.

I guess I made a decision because I found myself waiting for her to pick up the phone at 2am.

"Yo" she said sounding groggy.

"Aw you were sleep without me?"

She chuckled. "I mean, you aren't here are you?"

"Well.. that's why I was calling. Maybe I can get there"I said kind of shyly.

"And how would you do that? You know Jaylen's home right?"

"She should be asleep because she has work in the morning... I could get Bri to drop me off."