THIRTEEN

5 months later

After the 'hangout' I decided to distance myself from Zion, it was the best decision for me at that time.

He tried contacting me... even through Giovanna.

I'm about to graduate in a month, I cannot wait cause I have a few things in mind that I would like as my career.

I have been more positive than the past few years, but not as happy as I was with Zion. He made me forget about the bitter moments in my life. (to be clear they weren't dating, they were just close friends.)

"Ella, Giovanna's here!" Aunt Meagan screamed.

"COMING!" I yelled running downstairs.
I got so excited I cropped.

"Jesus be careful." Giovanna came walking up to me laughing.

"Shut up, now come on." I gasped grabbing her arm.

We walked into my room and she immediately sat on the floor leaning against my bed crossing her legs.

"Ok before you say or do anything may you please explain." She looked up at me.

"Explain what?" I asked playing dumb.

""Don't Act stupid, you know exactly what I mean... the issue between you and Zion."

"Okay well to begin with you...I was scared" I sighed.

"Scared of what?" She said making herself comfortable.

"Well scared of getting hurt again." I said letting a tear roll down my cheek.
"I'm scared that if I got close to Zion I would loose him, just like I lost my parents. The only people I allowed myself to get close to were my aunt and you.
I just CANT get hurt again, I don't want to go through all that bullshit again, it messes you up." I said ruffling my hair.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it was that deep." She said getting up.

"It's okay, I just needed to border myself from all my emotions."

"Listen, if we have something bothering us we tell each other, that is if we will be comfortable to say it. I am not trying to push any secrets or feelings." She said rubbing my shoulder.

"Deal." I said bringing out my pinky.

Gio brought out her pinky and wrapped it around mine.

"Come on let's go!" Gio said getting excited.

"Go where?" I asked reaching for my phone.

"Guiseppe is waiting for us in the car. Don't worry I already asked aunt Meagan if you could come with. She said yes in case you were wondering." She said dragging me.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and giggled.

I put on my shoes which were at the front door. Giovanna continued to drag me to car until we got into the car.

"So where are we going?" I said trying to catch my breathe.

"We're just gonna drive around, listen to music...you know teen things."

"Oh we might have to take a detour to Target I need to get some few thing." Guiseppe said starting the car.

- play Party for me by Jhené Aiko

"Letsss go!" Gio screamed getting out of the car.

We walked into Target. We immediately run to snacks, it was a bit chilly and Guiseppe was the only one with a jacket.

"Hey Guis may I please have your jacket?" I tapped his shoulder.

"Sure." He said taking it off.

"Thank you, I'll give it back later."

At the corner of my eye I see Zion...why does the universe do this to me? Gio saw him too and I knew she wanted him to know my presence.

"Zionn, Ella wants to talk to you!" Gio yelled.

"I hate you." I mouthed walking up to him.

"Oh heyyyy." I said not trying to sound awkward.

"Ella it's actually you, come here." He brought his arms out bringing me into a hug.
"I missed this." He whispered into my neck.

Honestly so did I. I just wanted time to stop for both of us to stay like this forever.

"So how've you been?" He asked separating from the hug.

"I've been okay, what about you?" I crossed my arms feeling a bit embarrassed

"Could be better. This is weird this is our first time seeing each other after many months."

"Haha Yea." I said getting nervous.

"I've gotta ask, why did you block me out of your life?"

-Guiseppe's pov

"Guis you can go get Ella while I go to the till to pay." Gio said pointing to where Ella was.

"No problem." I said walking up to her.

I ain't gonna lie at first I did kind of had a crush on Ella, but know I'm not sure cause all my feelings are mixed up. All she talked about was this Zion dude.

I walked closer to Ella...

-Ella's prov

"What do you mea-" I was cut off by a voice coming from behind me.

"Hey Ella, lets go I got all the snacks." Guiseppe said coming up from behind me.

"Great."  I said backing away.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Zion curiously asked.

"What do you mean I'm jus-" I cut Guiseppe off.

"Yep he is my boyfriend, my one and only." I laughed while hesitantly grabbing Guiseppes hand and gripping his fingers.

"Well it was nice to finally meet you. Hope to see you two again." Zion smiled disappointedly.

"Okay we gotta go." I said while speed walking away from Zion with Guiseppe by my side.

"What was all that about?" Guiseppe asked as we reached another aisle.

==========================
Ella has got some explaining to do. Anyways I hope you guys are all safe during quarantine.
-E🐉