Call Your Name - Chapter 8

THE WEEKEND IS OVER, still no calls or messages from Jennie.
Still trying to sink in all the words Mrs. Kim said to her.
After all she have done to her daughter, how can she said it without emotion?
(Your daughter just walked out of my room and she's gone forever?)
It's not that she's counting on her good deeds but it's still unfair on her part.

Now she is stuck with these bunch of people, who she doesn't really think are smart enough to hang around, like Jennie. It's been sad without her here, but it's worse to discover she really isn't coming back.
Her image of her sitting beside her starts to fade away.
Now it's just an empty chair, no one is going to fill it after Jennie.
"It's better to turn away now Rosie." She said to herself.

She scans the room, starts to catch some eyes staring at her.
She sits back and face her armchair.
You can't really tell their motives, it's hard to gauge.
Especially now, the semester will end in the few weeks. So, the university rules aren't scary currently. Students start to leave their uniforms at home. She can see how everybody dresses up today. But, still curious of why they are staring at her, is her outfit fits their taste or it's just that hideous to catch their eyes? (Hello, it's from Saint Laurent!)
She is wearing a white-fit-turtle-neck sweater tucked in with black female trousers, a black leather boots, and a shiny black wide-collar short cardigan which as of now is hanging on the back of her chair.
She knows she dresses good, but she dresses good in the wrong set of people.
She remembers what happened to her at "Pinks".
Whatever it is, she's used to sit still and pretend the environment doesn't bother her.

Mr. Kwon's class begins.
"Good morning everybody."

"Good morning Sir."

"Before we start our class, I want you to meet Ms. Lalisa Manoban..."
Lisa slowly walks inside the class.
Rosie can't believe she's walking in her class, in her school.

"...she is an exchange student from Bangkok, Thailand.
I'm afraid she can't catch up in this semester so she's here as a 'sit in'.
I'm sorry to tell you guys that she is also not that familiar in our activities.
So, I'm hoping that you'll help her."

"Yes sir."
Lisa always have the habit, that when she sits, she put all her weight on it- like a lazy child.
"Stop doing that, you have no manner!" Lisa just laugh while hooking her arm to her chair.

Lisa dresses like she's going on a vacation; a black tube made her abs visible, a leather jacket, a white/black maxi skirt, a red leather sling bag and white rubber shoes.
(Why Mr. Kwon allowed her to wear this in class? Oh yeah, she's not an official student.)
But she caught the students' attention.
She can't deny she finds Lisa goofy sometimes, but now with that unique big eyes and that sexy undone hair is what's making her bloom more.

"What are you doing here?" She leans towards her.

"Your professor just said it, what's wrong with you?" Leaning back.

"Did my dad put you here?"
Lisa just smiled. Meaning its yes?

"Aigoo. Why can't you just have your own dad! Stop following me!"

"Look, I don't like to be near you, or to even stay in Korea if that's what you want to hear.
Can't you see? I don't have a choice. It's because of your dad's business.
My parents are involve in his new project.
Unfortunately they are still in Thailand and are willing to live here too.
Where will I get the help on this foreign country while they are away?

...I have no one but your dad to help me, Roseanne."
She's speaking out the truth. She never thought she's good in having this kind of conversation.
Last time they saw each other, Lisa stands like a human vase while she's grilling Jisoo, now she has a lot to say. (Does she found out we share the same age? So, it gave her privilege to be totally informal with me?)

"You guys can't just let Korean-citizen students learn without them.
I just hope you look for the best ones,
You guys keep giving us expired imported products."
Wendy said, and the class starts laughing.