s e v e n t e e n

The next hour was spent walking around the streets hand in hand, occasionally stopping for quick kisses and going to the cute but strange midnight coffee shop down the road. By the time they got back to the car it was about 2am.

"Thank you for this." Emily smiled with a yawn "I really needed it."

Chris leaned over and kissed her. "I did too. We're going to be another hour before we get back to the hotel, why don't you sleep? You look tired."

"I'm not tired. I-" a yawn cut her off making Chris chuckle

"Yeah, and I'm not the sexiest Chris."

"Well- Pratt's definitely up there." She teased, earning an eye roll. She yawned once more and nodded "Yeah... I think- I think I'll take a quick- nap..."

"I'll wake you up when we get back."

"Thank you." She smiled weakly and put her head back on the rest. She almost instantly fell asleep and Chris looked at her with adoration and love in his eyes. He knew he couldn't admit it to her yet, because it would freak her out, but he was undeniably falling head over heels in love with her and there was nothing he or she could do to stop that.

Over the course of the next hour or so, Emily's hand found its way back into Chris's. He rubbed soothing circles on the back of her hands with his thumb as she occasionally let out small snores, making his chuckle.

When they arrived back at the hotel, he looked over to Emily, who was still fast asleep, and sighed with a smile. He didn't want to wake her, so he undid her seatbelt, slipped his arms under her legs and behind her back, pulling her out of the car. He closed the car with his hip and locked it. Emily's head fell against his shoulder and her hands rested on his chest as he carried her to the room. "Shit..." he mumbled as he dualists he didn't have a key to the room. He kicked the door slightly with his foot, hoping that Shawnee was still awake.

Luckily the door opened and the Blonde Australian leant against the frame "you didn't kill her, did you?" She asked

"No, not yet." Chris chuckled "that's on our next date."

"Aha!" Shaw whisper-yelled, pointing her finger at the two "So it was a date!"

Chris rolled his eyes with a smile plastered on his face "Yeah. It was."

"Come in," She moves aside and Chris stepped in. "Do you want to stay with her tonight?" She asked "she didn't sleep very well last night. Maybe if you're there she'll know she's safe."

Chris pursed his lips, trying not to look as angry as he was "she's still having nightmares about him?"

"Yeah." She nodded with a frown "he messed her up pretty bad, Chris. I'm surprised she let you in to be honest." He frowned and rested his head against the top of Emily's, kissing her hair. "I know I tease you two, and I know it might not seem like I care, but you are really good for her. The past week I've been here- she's... she's been a different person. She might not want to admit it to you, or even herself, but she loves you. And I'm guessing you love her too."

"I do." Chris nodded "Thank you, Shaw. I'll stay with her tonight."

"Good." She smiled. "But no funny business. It's 3:30 in the morning."

He laughed and shook his head "she's literally fast asleep in my arms. I don't think I'm going to be getting any action tonight."

"Shut up." She chuckled "let me sleep"

________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Also, shameless self promotion lmao. I have 2 other stories, one is an Avengers/Marvel preferences and imagines, the other is a Tom Holland {Social Media}. I would really appreciate it if you checked them out!