f o r t y - t h r e e

[C = Hemsworth]
[Chris = Evans]

Chris woke up to the sound of a little girl giggling and opening the door to Emily's old room. "Wake up!" She yelled and jumped on top of him. "Auntie Emily! Uncle Chris! Wake up! Wake up! It's Christmas!

He groaned with a laugh as India bounced up and down on his stomach. She laughed and put her hands on either side of his face, squeezing his cheeks. "Come here." He grinned pulling her in between him and Emily. The five year old laughed and kicked as Chris and Emily tickled her until they heard a loud 'AHEM' from the doorway.

It was Shawnee and Liam, as usual. "Merry Christmas, guys." Liam smirked.

"Merry Christmas, asshole." Chris smiled

"Asshole." India repeated, making Emily hit her boyfriends shoulder.

"No, we don't say that word." She whispered to her niece. "Go and wake up Mummy and Daddy." India nodded and hopped down from the bed, hugging Liam and Shaw's legs as she passed. "Why are you looking at us like that?" Liam was leant on the frame of the door and Shawnee was leant against him, they both and grins on their faces. "What!?"

Shawnee whispered to Liam and he nodded in agreement "we were just thinking what great parents you two would make."

With that, Emily's cheeks began to burn bright red. Chris looked at her with a suppressed grin on his face and then back to the two at the door. "C'mon, Lukes going to be here soon." Shawnee said "and can you keep it down next time? The walls are thin, you know."

"Oh god-" Liam grunted and pushed Shawnee off of him "Shut- up, wow." He walked away with his head in his hands and the blonde followed after him with a laugh.

Emily groaned and fell to the side, resting her head on Chris, he lifted his arm and draped it over her shoulder, kissing the top of her head. She placed a kiss on his bare shoulder and pushed him onto the bed "Merry Christmas, babe."

He looked at her and smiled his amazing smile "Merry Christmas, Doll."

She blushed but rolled her eyes with a smile "Chris, your Steve is showing."

--------

"Morning, guys." Emily smiled, walking into the room with her fingers intertwined with Chris's

"Morning, Honey. Morning, Chris." Leonie smiled "Merry Christmas!"

The next 30 or so minutes were spent making coffee and waiting for Luke, his wife and the kids to arrive. Once he did, the house was full of excited children bouncing all over the place, playing with Dodger and waiting to open gifts. "Daddy?" India asked running over to C "Can we open presents?"

He picked her up and kissed the tip of her nose "We sure can." She giggled and C walked over to the gifts with her in his arms. He placed her on Elsa's lap and knelt beside the colourful boxes "who's ready for gifts?" He asked and everyone cheered. He laughed and handed a box to each of the 7 children in the house. They quickly tore off the paper examined their gifts.

"What is it?" India asked and Emily laughed, leaning into Chris's side

"It's a scrap book," she explained "as you get older you can fill it with pictures and memories. Your dad and uncles and I got one when we were around your age."

Over the course of around 3 hours Chris grew more nervous. The gifts were running lower and lower, meaning it was almost time. So far, Liam has bought her a Necklace, Chris got her some earrings, Luke got her a charm bracelet and Shawnee the charms to go on it. Now all she needed was a ring.

The Proposal Plan

Mackie
Have you asked yet?

Renner
What did she say?

Johansson
Are you engaged? 😍

Evans
Oh my god- no
I haven't asked yet.
I don't even know if I can ask her...

Holland

Evans We haven't even been dating a year yet! What if she gets freaked out?

Evans
We haven't even been dating a year yet!
What if she gets freaked out?

Downey
You two were in love long before you started dating.

Pratt
I'm like 99.99% sure she'll say yes.

Evans
Yeah, I guess.

Stan
She loves you man.
You can see that when she looks at you.

Saldana
If you let your nerves get the best of you, you'll never know what she would've said.

Wright
Exactly!
You two are the softest couple I've literally ever seen.

Holland
You were before you were dating 😂

Bautista
I'll ask her for you.

Holland
nO-

Evans
I think I'm okay asking her myself 😂
Thanks though, Dave.

Bautista
Any time.

Ruffalo
And even if she says no, try not to take it personally.
She's been through a lot of crap.

Evans
Yeah, I know.
I know.
I have to go...
I think it's time.

Downey
Good luck!

Mackie
We're rooting for you man!

5 minutes later

Evans
She said no.