t w e n t y - o n e

A/N: WARNING ⚠️ This chapter has described physical and emotional abuse! I just want to warn you incase it will bring back any unwanted memories.

Emily read the message and her heart dropped.

"@koleshortsman has commented '🙂🙂💗'"

She watched as her friends attacked him in pure fear. What if he was trying to find her again? Was he jealous that she was starting a new relationship? What would he do to her if he actually found her?

Her head began to spin and her vision blurred. It had been almost two years since she had last seen him and she had thought she was safe. What if she was wrong?

"Em?" She heard Chris ask, opening the door to the bedroom "I saw his comment, are you ok-" he stopped in his track when he saw Emily sat on her bed hugging her knees and sobbing. "Oh god... em." He walked over to her and perched on the side of the bed, pulling her into his arms.

"No! Get off!" She yelled hitting his chest in a panic.

"Woah-" he stood up and held his hands up "I'm sorry... it's- it's only me..."

Opening her eyes, she bit her lip and tried to hold back a sob. "He... he... I'm scared, Chris..."

"I know you are..." he slowly sat back down and placed his hand gently on Emily's thigh before she turned and laid down, resting her head on Chris's lap, letting him stroke his hands through her hair comfortingly "I'm not going to let him hurt you." He cooed "I Promise"

Two years ago

"I'm home, Kole..." Emily called out, slowly shutting the front door. She was 20 minutes later than she was told to be.

"Where the fuck were you?" Her fiancé hissed, practically jumping out of nowhere.

"I-I was with Sh-Shawnee..." she whispered before being slammed into the wall behind her.

"I told you not to be late." His hand was pressed tightly around her throat as she closed her eyes tightly, waiting for him to hit her. Unsurprisingly, she felt his fist connect with her face and she let out a scream of pain. "Do you see what you make me do?" He asked, ragging er off of the floor by her wrist. "Do you think a want to hit you? YOU make me do this."

Silent tears streamed down her now throbbing cheek. She had been with Kole for around 10 years. They were high school sweethearts. But over time, he got aggressive. It started out with jealousy and he got controlling, then it progressed to emotional abuse. Then, physical. He hit her, didn't let her eat, she was terrified that he would eventually kill her if she didn't get out.

She raised her fingers and lightly tapped her bruised face, cringing at the pain. "I want to leave..." she whispered, inaudibly.

"What did you just say?" Kole hissed

"I-I want to stay- with Shawnee..."

"Like hell you're leaving." He laughed. "Your going to go into that kitchen, and make-" He was cut off by the sound of a knock at the door.

"Police, open up." A voice spoke at the other side. Emily let out a silent sigh of relief. Maybe now was her time to get help.

"Just a second officer!" Kole said with a fake smile before getting closer to Emily "say nothing." He spat.

"Sir, we've had a noise complaint from the neighbors," the officer explained, his eyes slowly moving to Emily. He saw the fear in her eyes and caught on to what was going on almost instantly "is everything okay here? What did you do to your cheek?"

"Oh you know," Kole laughed "clumsy fiancée, she, fell and hit her face on the shelf. She's okay."

Emily shook her head, discreetly and flicked her eyes to her Fiancé. The officer knew what was going on. "Sir, I need you to turn around and hold your hands behind you back."

You felt a tear slip down your cheek. "Could I ask why?" Kole's calmness began to fade as you heard his breath hitched in this throat

"You're under arrest under the suspicion of abusing miss Hemsworth." The officer grabbed Kole's shoulder and turned him around pulling his hands behind his back and securing them with handcuffs "anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law." He continued "you have the right to an attorney, if you can not afford an attorney, you will have one appointed to you"

"This is outrageous!" Kole yelled, snarling at Emily. "You're going to regret this, Hemsworth!"

Present

"Oh, god..." Chris sighed "you've never actually told me the full story before..."

"I've never told anyone the full story before." She frowned and sat up, lacing her fingers with his. "Not even Chris, Liam, Luke or Shawnee."

"Wow..." he couldn't really explain how he felt at that moment. It was a mixture of sadness, anger and relief. "Thank you... for trusting me... I know it couldn't have been easy."

Emily's lip quivered and she could feel herself begin to cry again. Chris opened his arms and she crawled over to him, practically curling up in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and let her cry.

"I love you..." she whispered into the crook of his neck, making him smile and hold her tighter.

"I love you back."

________________________________

I hope you liked this chapter. It took a darker turn than I expected but I think I like how it turned out.

Also, shameless self promotion again. I have 2 other stories, one is an Avengers/Marvel preferences and imagines, the other is a Tom Holland {Social Media}. I would really appreciate it if you checked them out!