t h i r t y - s i x

The message that Chris sent her was cryptic

"SOS please hurry"

She pulled on a sweatshirt that Chris had left and a pair of shoes. "Where are you going dressed like that?" Shawnee asked, raising her eyebrow

"Chris sent me a weird message- I think something wrong." She shook her head, tying her hair up into a messy bun and she walked "I don't know how long I'll be, so just call me if I'm more than an hour."

"Okay." Shaw smiled, knowing what was really going on "have fun."

Emily stopped walking and raised her eyebrow "what do you know?"

"I don't know what you mean"

"Don't give me that crap." She rolled her eyes "what do you know?"

"Go get your boyfriend!" Shaw yelled "He might be in trouble!"

"Shit- right." She opened the door and shut it after blowing her best friend a kiss.

She walked quickly down the hallway, not even bothering with the lift, and approached her boyfriend's room, placing four knocks on the door. After a few seconds, Chris answered the door with a grin. He leant against the frame and looked his girlfriend up and down "you look amazing."

"Shut up, Christopher. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He shrugged. "Just follow me."

Emily raised her eyebrows but followed after him. "Babe- whats all this?" She asked, looking around the dim Hotel room. There were candles lit everywhere and rose petals scattered across the floor.

"I thought I'd do something nice for you." He laced his fingers with Emily's and spun her into his chest before pressing a button on his phone, making a song begin to play.

She grinned up and his and snaked her arms up and around his neck, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck while he held his hands on her hips. He leaned his head down and kissed her as the started to sway

I didn't mean to hurt you
So why'd I let you walk out the door?
You say that you don't know me
You don't know who I am anymore
But if you knew the truth, then
Then you wouldn't feel insecure
'Cause if I didn't have you
I wouldn't have nothing at all

Emily rested her head against his shoulder, feeling his chest move up and down as he took each breath. She breathed in his intoxicating scent as they danced.

I wish you could see yourself,
through my eyes
I always forget,
that you can't read my mind

Emily listened to the lyrics and smiled. She looked up at Chris and he kissed the end of her nose. "I love you." He mouthed.

"I love you too." She mouthed back.

As long as I got you and me
Moving through this world as a two-man team
I'll always have everything I need
You don't even realise what you mean
No one could fall for you quite like me
No one could get me so perfectly
You don't even realise
You're all that I need
'Cause I want you and me, you and me

Chris chose this song because he knew it explained his feelings for Emily perfectly. She completed him, and as long as they were together, there wasn't anything they couldn't get through.

I know one day we'll look back
Stories on the tip of our tongues
A library full of pages
Remembering when we fell in love
All of the broken hearts and the stupid mistakes
Have got us to where we are, it was worth all the pain
Yeah, we'll look back
We'll look back and laugh

They listened to the rest of the song and danced with each other, holding one an other close in their arms.

"So," Emily said, looking up at him again "you never told me how she actually got into your room."

"Oh," he chuckled "She told front desk that she lost her key and needed a new one. She told them she was my wife." They both laughed "The guy said he was new." He shrugged before pulling away from Emily and holding her shoulders "you did listen to the song, right? You listened to the lyrics?"

"Yeah." She grinned "Yeah, I did."

"Then I want you to know, that every word of it shows how I feel about you." He continued. "I do forget that you can't see yourself through my eyes. You're the strongest, most beautiful woman I've ever met and I wouldn't change you for the world. You mean everything to me, Emily, and I don't think anyone's loved anyone as much as I love you."

Emily stood on her tiptoes and put her hand on he side of his face before pecking his lips "Well, there is one exception." (Yes, that was a twilight reference)

Chris grinned and wrapped his arms around the bottom of her back and lifted her up, making her squeal. She wrapped her legs around his waist as he held the top of her thighs, to keep her up. They connected their lips in a sweet, passionate kiss. Emily laced her fingers into Chris's longer hair and pulled him closer, only breaking apart for air. "The food won't be ready for another... 2 hours." He smirked "what do you want to do?"

Emily's face lit up. She scratched the back of his ear, because she knew he loved it and smiled "well... I just started watching Sherlock. Can we watch that for a bit? She asked, tilting her head

Chris grinned with a sigh "This is why I love you. Just the simplest things make you happy." She smiled and pecked his lips before unwrapping her legs from his waist and hopping down.

"I'll make drinks, you put it on."

"Sure thing." He smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

------

"What are you doing?" Chris asked Emily, who was holding her phone up to the tv

"I'm sending Ben a snapchat." She chuckled and typed two hearts as the caption, tagging Chris before sending it to Benedict and posting it in her story.

________________________________

A/N:

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter :)

Let me know what you thought!

Also- I am on the 5th episode of Benadryl cabbagewank's 'Sherlock' and I have discovered that Johnlock is my OTP 😂😂😭
(John Watson and Sherlock Holmes for anyone who doesn't know)