f i f t y

4 months later

"I don't understand why we had to trust Mackie, Shaw and Sebastian with the gender reveal." Chris sighed as he crawled into bed next to Emily. About a month ago, they moved into a large apartment in New York. Shawnee even managed to bag the smaller apartment down the a few floors down. Sure Emily helped pay for it, but that's what best friends do, right? They help each other out.

Emily kissed her Fiancé and grinned "oh come on! It can't be that hard."

"You know them, Em." He said with a raised eyebrow. "They can make everything difficult" She laughed and ran her hand over her stomach. Her eyebrows furrowed and she lifted her head forward when she felt something she hadn't before. "Em? What's wrong?"

"They kicked-" she said, a grin forming on her face "baby, they kicked!"

Chris's face lit up and he jumped onto his knees "really?" He placed both of his hands on her slightly swollen stomach and waited "this is amazing..."

Emily grinned at him, noticing the watery glaze over his eyes. She could tell that it was this moment that it had hit him. He was going to be the father of not one, but two beautiful children. He looked up and noticed her staring. A tear rolled down his cheek and he smiled. "What?"

She felt her own eyes becoming watery and she shook her head "you're going to be an amazing dad"

"I love you so much" He whispered and leant over, kissing her lips softly

"I love you too." She smiled against his lips before falling back into the bed, Chris following.

________________________________

"Just put the goddamn blind fold on, Emily." Mackie sighed with a laugh

"No! What are you going to do?!"

"I swear to god if you don't put on that blind fold-" Shawnee started before noticing Emily start to cry "Em- why are you crying now?"

"You're yelling at me..." she blubbered before burying her face into Chris's shoulder. He rubbed his hand down her back.

"It's the hormones." He whisper yelled. "Honey, they're going to blind fold us both and paint our hands the colors of the genders of our babies."

She lifted her head from his shoulder and smiled "I know. I thought I'd make this difficult for them."

"Sometimes I hate that you're an incredible actress." Shawnee rolled her eyes before her and Sebastian blindfolded them.

They painted one of Emily's hands the colour corresponding with the first baby's gender- and Chris's the colour of the second. Mackie placed their hands on her stomach over her shirt (so they could keep it) and took of their blindfolds

"You guys ready?" He asked and they nodded. He looked at Shawnee and Sebastian signalling the count down.

"Five-" the three started, building in anticipation from friends and family around them "four- three- two- one!"

The couple quickly took their hands away from her stomach revealing purple on each of their hands and on her shirt

"Congratulations! You're having both!" Sebastian cheered making everyone around them also cheer.

Emily turned around and grinned before wiping her purple hand down her Fiancé face. "We're having both..." she whispered.

---------

NEW TWEET FROM @realemhem

@realemhem We're having a boy 💕

1,638,193 likes | 23,738 retweets

Comments are off for this post

---

NEW TWEET FROM @chrisevans

@chrisevans And a girl! 💙

1,648,367 likes | 36,528 retweets

Comments are off for this post

_____________________________

A/N:

Hey! Thanks for reading!

I hope you don't mind the time skip 😅 it was just to move the story along a little.