f o r t y - f o u r

5 minutes earlier

[C = Hemsworth]
[Chris = Evans]

"Hey, there's one more." Jack said, pointing to a small box poking out from behind the tree. He picked it up and read the label. "It says 'To Emily. Love Chris xxx'." He handed it to Emily and Chris stood up. His hand were sweating.

"It's from you?" She asked, looking up at her boyfriend. He nodded in response and bit his lip. She smiled and tore off the paper, revealing a small, black, velvet box. Inside was a ring. A beautiful, diamond, engagement ring. Her eyes widened and she looked up at him. "Chris..."

He got down on one knee in front of her and took her hands. The room was silent. "Emily, you're the love of my life." He started and she gulped, a tear slipping down her cheek. "I know, we haven't been together as long as- as others when they do this- but I honestly feel like it's enough. I've been in love with you since we started Age of Ultron. Watching you go through what you did, and come out stronger... only made me love you more. That day when you agreed to go on a date with me, made me the happiest I had been in a while, and these past 11 months with you have only made me happier." He swallowed the lump in his throat "Emily... will you marry me?"

She was speechless. Utterly speechless. Tears stung her eyes as she looked at the man asking her to spend the rest of her life with him. Her eyes left him and landed on her family. They were all grinning at her, expecting her to say yes. "I-I... I need some air-."

She stood up and swiftly left the room, her heart pounding. 'What the hell, Emily?!' She thought, literally facepalming 'Why didn't you just say yes?'

Back in the living room, Chris was still knelt on one knee. He looked at the ring and pulled out his phone, typing the message "she said no."

He stood up and ran his hand through his hair, clenching his jaw. "Well... I-"

"Chris, she didn't say no-" Shawnee said, standing up.

"Yeah, she did." He sighed sad smile "I'm going to go talk to her."

Leonie hugged him and smiled "I'm sure she's got a reason for what she said, dear."

"Yeah..." He gave another half smile and opened the door to be faced by Emily, reaching for the door handle.

"Yes..." she whispered, looking up at him.

"What...?"

"Yes." She nodded more confidently "I'll marry you."

"Really?"

She laughed and nodded her head "I love you."

He grinned and fumbled around in his pockets for the ring, but it wasn't there. "Chris," C called and he looked at him. He threw him the box and he took out the ring.

"You're sure?" He looked incredibly nervous, like she would change her mind, but she wouldn't. She had never been more sure of anything in her life.

"I'm sure." He slid the ring on her finger and it fit perfectly. She leaned up and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing him like it was the last time she would be able to to do and her family cheered.

"Merry Christmas." Chris grinned, still holding her by the waist.

"Merry Christmas, Fiancé."

________________________________

A/N:

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? IS THAT BETTER!?

😂 I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry it was so short 😂

Anywayyy, please don't hate me anymore 🥺