f o r t y - s i x

It had been two weeks since Chris popped the question and it was still all over the news.

'The moment we've all been waiting for! Chris Evans and Emily Hemsworth are finally engaged!'

'Where do they go from here: Chemily'

It was officially 2018 and this didn't show any signs of dying down any time soon. The world wouldn't be ready for this yet, hell, she didn't even know if she was ready for this yet.

Chris was absolutely amazing, she knew that this is what he'd always wanted, but was she really ready to be a mother?

She looked at the three positive pregnancy tests in her hand and covered her mouth to muffle a sob, unfortunately, it wasn't enough to stop her brother, Chris, from hearing. He placed a knock on the door "hey, is everything okay in there?" He asked softly.

"Yeah- yeah I'm fine" she sniffed, wiping her eyes on her selves.

He sighed and frowned. "Can I Come in?"

"Uh-" she thought and began to fumble for a place to hide the tests. She quickly settled on a cupboard and nodded "Yeah- Come in-"

The door was pushed open and her older brothers face dropped. "What's wrong?" He held out his hand and she took it standing up.

"Nothing- I-" she started but shut up when she felt her voice crack, she looked back towards the cupboard for a brief second, before mentally cursing for giving her hiding spot away.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked to where his little sister did only a second ago "is there something in there?"

"No-" she whispered, but he let go of her hand and opened the cupboard.

His jaw dropped and he looked back to her. "You're pregnant?" He asked in disbelief. Hearing it out loud really made it sink in. Her eyes felt like they were on fire as she tried to hold back her tears. She bit her lip, hard and nodded. "Come here..." he sighed and she practically collapsed into his chest. He held his arms around her neck as she sobbed into his shoulder, wetting his t-shirt.

"I should- be happy" She choked out, "why- aren't I- happy?"

"Not everyone wants kids, Emmy." He hushed "it's okay."

"I- do- want kids, I-" she breathed in sharply and pulled back from her brother. "I'm scared... I mean... we've talked about it... but we agreed that we'd wait..."

Chris chuckled and shook his head "Em, you know that he would want nothing more than to start a family with you. I've heard him say on multiple occasions that he can't wait to have kids." He smiled and wiped her cheeks on his sleeve. "When you tell him, I can guarantee that he'll be over the moon."

"What if I'm too damaged to be a good mother?" She asked, making his heart hurt "I mean- I'm not exactly the most stable person in the world..."

"I see you two with my kids every night. You never fail to show them you love them, but you also don't let them go crazy and do things they shouldn't. Em, you'll both be great parents."

She slid her arms back around his waist and grinned. "Thank you." She whispered and he laughed.

"You're so welcome."

---------

Emily walked into the bedroom with her fingers laced together. She had on one of Her Fiancé's hoodies and a pair of his socks and a pair of comfortable shorts.

He looked up at her from his phone and grinned. "You look so beautiful in my clothes." He said, making her blush like a little girl. He put his phone down and held out his arm "come cuddle me."

She chuckled and crawled across the bed and into his arms. "What are we watching?" She asked

He looked at her with a grin and said "the little mermaid."

"You're an actual man-child" she laughed

"A man-child that you agreed to marry."

She leant up and kissed him. "I sure did."

Over the next three quarters of an hour, Emily watched Chris sing along to every single song in the Disney movie. She laughed at his ridiculous hand movements as dance. "You're going to make a great father..." she whispered and he stopped.

"What?"

"I said that out loud..."

"Yeah..." he paused the film and twisted up onto his knees. "Em, are you...? She breathed in and bit her lip. "You are..." she studied his face for a second before nodding slightly. She watched a glaze form over his eyes and his lips curl up into a smile "we're..."

"We're going to be parents..." she nodded, and found herself also grinning. He pulled her over to him, placing her legs at either side of his body and hugged her tightly.

Maybe this wouldn't be so scary after all.