DATE // SOPE

It was just a normal day for Hoseok. He’ll wake up to fix his things, eat, take a bath and leave for work, it was his morning routine. He went out of his room after he fix his bed and there he saw Jimin who’s preparing for their breakfast, since college they’ve become roommates and promised each other to still be with each other’s side until they wanted to settle down with their partners. Since they’re currently single they’re still living with each other.

“What’s for breakfast?” Hoseok asked as he sat down to one of the stools in the kitchen counter and grabbed the apple nearby.

“Pancakes. Wait, I’ll prepare for your coffee” Jimin was about to walk towards the coffee maker when Hoseok stopped him.

“Just finish the pancakes, Min. I’ll just order my coffee at the café” Jimin eyed him after hearing what he said. He took the plate where the cooked pancakes were and placed it at the top of the counter. The small boy sat at the stool in front of Hoseok and served him some of the food on his plate.

“So, you’re gonna visit your crush in the café?” Jimin playfully asked the brown haired man in front of him who’s busy eating his food, trying not to pay attention to his friend. “Why not tell him you like him? It’s like a year already, you’ve been going to that café every damn morning, ordering your coffee and then stare at him afar. Level up, hyung” Hoseok rolled his eyes to what his friend said, he actually got a point, it’s been a year but he’s still not doing anything. He’s just feet away every time he visits him at the café but he doesn’t know why he can’t even make a move. At first, he thought it was just a simple crush but as the day goes by, his feelings are starting to get deeper and deeper that he knows his in love but as coward as he is still won’t even say even a single 'HI'

“It’s not like it’s easy” he said sounding like he’s losing hope

“You never even try, hyung” Jimin reached Hoseok’s hand that was resting at the top of the counter and gently caressing it, trying to calm and reassure the older “try make a move today, hyung.” Hoseok looked at him and stare right into Jimin’s eyes and his heart started to calm and all his worries fades. Jimin has this effect on him that makes him feel at ease, he won’t mind ending up single for life as long as he has his best friend Jimin, then everything will be fine.

After eating their breakfast, Jimin and Hoseok went on their way to their work. Both Jimin and Hoseok are dance instructors but he let his best friend go to the university first ‘cause he was gonna stop by to the café where his crush works, to see him and of course to buy his coffee as well. Jimin knew it was just his friend’s excuse, they have a coffee maker at their apartment and can just make one but he also let the older to do what he wants, he just hopes that one of these days he manage to make a move already ‘cause it makes him feel tired already.

Hoseok opened the door of the café, shoocafé is its name, even though he’s been going to the café for a year he still don’t have any idea what that the name of it means. It sounds funny to him but who know, it may hold a deep meaning into it and he wants to find it out too. He spotted his usual place and luckily it was empty, like it was meant to be empty ‘cause he never saw anyone sitting on that spot, only him, it wasn’t a bad sit so was it coincidence? He shrug at that thought and went straight to the counter. He ordered his usual coffee “One Latte?” he said.

The cashier tapped something on the screen and flashed the amount that Hoseok will pay which he gladly gave to him. Hoseok was scanning the whole counter trying to find the real reason why he’s in the café but to no luck he didn’t spot him. ‘Is it his off?’ he asked in his mind, he shrug and left the counter after getting his change.

He went to his usual spot, feeling so own, as he waited for his coffee. ‘He never skips work’ he said to himself and stared outside the glass wall. His crush never leave his work, that’s what he notice for a whole year of visiting him in the café that’s why not seeing him is quite unusual. He sighed with the thought of not seeing him but it’s inevitable, there’s still another day to see him and maybe try making a move as what Jimin suggested to him. He didn’t wait too long when his order came, he immediately sat properly and looked at the latte in front of him, in his surprise there was a latte note art in it.

“You look like an angel” that was what  the note said.

He looked to the waiter who served him the café, who was now walking away from him “WAIT!” he shouted, as he stood up. The waiter stopped walking but he didn’t turn his back to Hoseok, he waited to whatever he’s gonna say “Why there’s a note in my coffee? Who made this?” the waiter pointed hurriedly to the counter where their barista was. Hoseok looked to where he was pointing and there he saw the man he was looking for, the man who he visits every single day, smiling at him with his gummy smile. Everything seemed to slow down and the only thing he can see was the man he fell in love with, he can’t help but smile to him return.

‘That’s the prettiest smile I’ve ever seen’ they both thought.

The pale white guy took something in his counter and showed him to Hoseok, it was a tissue, he was pointing to the tissue and to Hoseok’s table repeatedly until the latter get what he was talking about. Hoseok looked at him confused as he looked to his table where the tissue was as he picked it up and flip it. He smiled when he read what was written there.

‘Can I take you out on a date?’ –Min Yoongi’

He flipped the tissue again when he noticed that there was more to read.

‘I mean only if you were single hehe’ and that made Hoseok laugh. Bold of him to make a move like this when he ain’t sure if he’s single or what. ‘He’s too adorable’ he thought.

“Am I?” the brown haired man was startled hearing the voice, he looked at who was the owner of it and saw Yoongi who’s still brightly smiling at him. Hoseok can feel that his cheeks are heating up, probably blushing at how near his crush is and with that gummy smile, when he realized something.

“W-wait, did I say that out loud” Hoseok said.

“Loud and clear” the younger covered his face from the embarrassment and mentally hit his head “So, can I take you out on a date?” Hoseok peeked through his hands and nodded at him which made Yoongi internally coo at the sight of him. He patted Hoseok’s head “I wrote my number there too. Text me, okay? Gonna go back to work”

Yoongi walked away and went back to his counter with a triumph smile on his face, it surely took him a while before making a move to his crush. His friends are so tired of hearing how whipped he is to the older and yet chose to just stare and love him from afar when Seokjin, his bestfriend, knock some senses to him and made him realize that he’s gonna lose his crush without even doing or trying anything. With the thought of Hoseok without him pains him and he can’t see himself living without Hoseok he finally gather all of his courage and ask him out. Lucky, he said ‘Yes’

He heard his phone beeped and he took it out of his pocket and saw an unknown number sent him a message. He opened it and read,

“You have the prettiest gummy smile I’ve ever seen. I look forward to our date –Jung Hoseok”

Perhaps, this day is the happiest for the both of them.