➵ | three, the ceremony !

CHAPTER THREE.

THANA LOOKED AROUND the big room she just walked into

THANA LOOKED AROUND the big room she just walked into. the other students, who were sitting at four different tables, all stared at them, some seemed curious while others didn't really seem to care a lot about the new students. dumbledore started speaking after the woman, who thana still didn't know the name of, announced him. "i have a few start-of-term notices i wish to announce. the first years please note, that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. also, our caretaker, mr filch, has aksed me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to all who do not wish to die a most painful death. thank you." thana shivered, that didn't sound very fun.

"when i call your name, you will come forth, i shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. hermione granger!" the girl thana met on the train stepped forward, "oh, no okay relax." she said to herself. "mental that one, i'm telling you." ron whispered to thana who just shrugged. hermione just said out loud what most of them were probably thinking. the sorting hat thought for a minute and then placed her into gryffindor, which she seemed to be okay with. the table cheered and welcomed her as she sat down.

"draco malfoy!" the boy sat on the chair and before the hat even touched him it yelled, "slytherin!" he smiled proudly and took place at the slytherin table. "there's no witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in slytherin." ron said to the twins. harry suddenly reached to his forehead, "what's wrong?" thana asked but harry shrugged it off. "ronald weasly!" the hat interrupted before thana could dig deeper on why harry's scar was suddenly hurting.

their new friend got placed into gryffindor and he gave harry and thana a quick tumbs up before walking to the table, getting hugged by who thana assumed were his brothers, both red hair to match rons. "harry potter!" thana had to push him towards the hat. "hmm very difficult, plenty of courage i see, not a bad mind either. there's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. but where to put you," the hat said once harry finally sat down and closed his eyes, "not slytherin eh? are you sure? you could be great you know. it's all here in your head. and slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, there's no doubt about that. no? well if you're sure, better be gryffindor!"

harry sighed in relief and ran towards the table where his other friends had already kept a seat for him. "thana potter!" she took a deep breath and sat down. "another potter! but you are different than your brother, you  have a lot of courage, and thirst to prove yourself. but you are way more cheeky, too cheeky to be a hufflepuff, too reckless for ravenclaw, you sure have a lot of courage but not in a gryffindor way. you're ambitious and dedicated so that must be slytherin!"

everybody went quiet, exept for the slytherin table, they were all cheering when the famous girl sat down with them. she walked towards them and draco pushed goyle out of the way, looking at the girl as she sat down. "i knew you'd know better than your brother." he smiled at her. she just looked at the rest of the hall, why had they gone quiet, surely slytherin wasn't that bad, or was it and did that mean she was meant to be a dark witch? like ron had said?

•••

"let the feast begin," with that being said an enormous amount of food appeared on the tables. "you're potter, right?" a somewhat nervous boy asked thana, who nodded in response. "i'm blaise zabini and that's pansy parkinson. and i'm sure you've already met draco." she smiled widely at the boy and girl but only one, blaise, send her a smile back.

•••

the first class they had was potions, by professor snape. he dramatically walked in and thana had to stop herself from laughing, his dramatic entrance was just really funny to her. "there will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. as such, i don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. however, for those of select few who posesses the predisposition. i can teach you how to bewitch the the mind and ensnare the senses. i can show you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death. then again, maybe some of you have come to hogwards in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention. mr potter, one of our new celebrities, tell me what i would get if i added root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

harry looked up and all thana could do was sigh, well done harry, she thought. she heard draco chuckle beside her, she didn't choose to sit next to him, he just did. "oh shut up malfoy," she said, slightly hitting his arm. hermione's hand shot up but snape ignored her, he kept his eyes on harry and asked another question. "you don't know? well let's try again. where, mr potter, would you look if i asked you to find me a bezoar?" harry shook his head, "i don't know, sir." snape scoffed, "and what is the difference between minkswood and wolfsbane?"

"i don't know, sir." thana shook her head, the first day and he already embarrassed himself. "pity. clearly fame isn't everything, is it mr potter?" thana sighed loudly, "sir its the first day of school, we've both lived in the muggle world for eleven years so how the fuck-" she cleared her throat and corrected herself, "how the hell is he supposed to know all this?" snape turned his head towards her, "you're very lucky you're a slytherin thana, very lucky." he pronounced the word 'very' painfully slow. after that snape just turned away, just as dramatically as he had entered the room, and started his class. "you lived in the muggle world for so long? you're not a mudblood are you?" draco quietly asked her but the question confused thana. "what on earth is a mudblood?" she replied, not looking at him. draco shook his head and chuckled softly, "a muggle born. when both of your parents are muggles. not a pureblood." thana scoffed, "malfoy i don't even know my parents. but i heard something about my dad being a pureblood, not that its any of your business." draco nodded as if he tried to show her his approval of the answer she had given but thana just focused on snape's class again.

AUTHORSNOTE
omg yes finally edited thisss
i kinda hate this but i finally got it over 1k words so thats great. no but fr i kinda wanted to leave these chapters out or merge them with others but i dont wanna lose the comments so ig i'll just edit everything. anywaysss i shoukd update again because i hit 50k AND TYSM ILY

enemies to lovers for as far 11 year olds can be enemies? yes or no?