➵ | thirty- eight, the second task

"GOODMORNING SUNSHINE."

fred's hair was messy and he looked tired but he still got up extra early so he could have breakfast with thana. draco rolled his eyes in annoyance and just moved his plate away from them. fred just ignored him and kissed the top of her head before sitting down next to her. "i thought you were skipping your first three classes so you could sleep in?" thana asked as she moved the egg away so he could also grab some food. "changed my plans just for you. now, serious talk." he sat up straight and fixed his pyjamas, trying to look like a business man. "do i look like a muggle important person?" he asked proudly and thana nodded, "no but really. did you find a way to open the egg? because harry and hermione went on a walk this morning, maybe they know more?" thana thought about it and nodded again, "wanna help me find them?" fred immediately agreed. he just wanted to spend as much time as possible with her, if that meant finding out how to open a golden egg then yes, he would go with her.

not only did they find harry, they also found cedric. "hey dude!" she greeted him and looked at them both, "well? the egg?" cedric nodded, "yeah so as i was saying, you know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor? its not a bad place for a bath." thana frowned. "do you think i stink diggory? is that it? is the egg scared to open up because we smell so bad?" cedric laughed and shook his head, "just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water." after that, the hufflepuff left and harry and thana looked at each other. "you go first, just let me know when you're ready." the potter boy nodded and quickly made his way back inside. "so. how does it feel knowing the best weasley kissed you?" thana chuckled and looked at him.  "how does it feel knowing that the best slytherin likes you?" she held her breath and waited for his reaction, she was nervous and scared for what he might think. "i don't know. ask my girlfriend." thana frowned and backed away, "girlfriend? you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend. uhm who is she?" thana asked, trying not to show how hurt she was. "you of course. unless you don't want to be my girlfriend of course, then just forget what i said and uhm blame george just say that he pulled a stupid prank because then this would be so embarassing i should've done this differently i'm so-" thana was the one who kissed him this time. she stood on her toes and pulled back after a few minutes. "i would love to be your girlfriend."

after zoning out during every class she had she finally got a chance to speak to harry about the egg. "an hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." thana sighed and thanked harry, who said he was in a rush. thana herself just went back to the slytherin common room. "theo you're smart right? yes you are, okay so how can i hold my breath for an hour?" theo frowned and shrugged. "why would you wanna do that?" thana just pointed at the egg and to theo that was enough explanation. "i'm sure there's a spell for that or maybe your oh so amazing boyfriend has an idea?" draco, who had been listening to their conversation and stood up, dramatically closing the spell book he was holding before handing it over to her. after a few hours theo jumped up, "a bubble-head charm!" thana grabbed the book he was holding and was about to agree with him when her father decided to share his opinion. basic. the bite from a sea serpent won't be deadly to you. he'll be waiting for you at the black lake just after you jumped in. thana shook her head. "uhm my dad just told me something about a sea serpent waiting for me so i assume he has a plan." theo frowned, "do you really trust him?" the brunette girl shrugged, "i guess i do."

"any bets? place your bets come on!" thana smiled at george but draco and blaise didn't seem to be so happy with what he was doing. "three lads, two ladies! five go down, but do five come up?" ginny told him not to be mean but the slytherin boys decided to take it a little further. "you're trying to make money out of your brother's girlfriend possibility to die?" draco snarled, pushing george and making him drop the box he was holding. "draco for fucks sake they asked me if i was okay with it and i said yes! stop making everything so dramatic and mind your own damn business for once!" thana said as she pushed him away, "just sit and watch. that's all you have to do." after apologizing to george she frowned a bit, "where's fred?" george shrugged, "haven't seen him since last night." when he saw the look on thana's face he quickly added something to what he said, "i'm sure he's okay, he's probably just preparing some fireworks for when you win." thana chuckled and hugged the boy goodbye.

"welcome to the second task. last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. a treasure of sorts. these five treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. in order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. simple enough," theo tapped thana on her shoulder. "are you sure this works? i could still try the charm if you want to." thana shook her head, "i'll be fine." the sound of the canon scared her a bit and theo pushed her into the water. "good luck!"

everyone else had jumped in before the slytherin girl, except for harry. harry seemed to be busy enough with whatever had him move like that so thana quickly looked around to find the serpent. she started to feel her lungs hurt and was about to give up when she saw the serpent, she quickly swam over to him and before she could even think about how this could help her the serpent had put its teeth into her neck. she screamed with pain and with that she let the air she had left in her lungs disappear. suddenly her neck wasn't the only thing that was hurting, her legs, arms, everything was burning and she closed her eyes. when she opened them again the serpent was gone and so was the pain. she looked down and gasped at what she saw. she was a serpent.

she realized she had probably wasted a lot of time already and swam as fast as she could to get to the treasure that was waiting for her. she kept swimming down and down until she heard ethereal voices singing, she took it as a way to find her treasure and swam into the direction of the voices. all of the others seemed to do the same thing. she was still looking for viktor when he bumped into her with his shark tail. thana felt a new sort anger rising up, she just felt insulted. who did he think he was? so the serpent in her took over and she swam as fast as she could to catch up with the shark boy. she curled her tail around his and pulled him down. "next time you think about getting in my way, think again." the boy stared at her, "i know that you're a serpent now but just speak english, you're not as much as you think you are." he tried to break free from her tail but thana threw him down before swimming away. she was speaking english. right?

not much later she saw five bodies, floating in the water. that's when it hit her. she continued swimming and gasped when she saw fred, ron, hermione, cho and fleurs sister. harry was already there, trying to untie ron. after he had done that he tried to grab hermione too but the mermaids didn't agree with that. thana looked at fred and quickly untied him. thanks to cedric she knew they were almost out of time and she didn't take the time to help fleurs sister too. as she was swimming up again she felt something swim next to her. "well done, good of you to trust your father. and good to know you speak parseltongue now, see you later my friend." thana stared at the snake in disbelief, did he just speak to her? and why would he say she can speak parseltongue? as much as she wanted to ask the serpent a million questions she had to get fred up.

they both gasped for air once they were able to stick their heads out of the water. thana looked at her body, it was back to normal. she sighed in relief and hugged fred tightly. her eyes went to everyone watching and met with draco's. his eyes widened and he seemed to be scared. she shook it off and made sure fred had enough towels and blankets to keep him warm. as they waited for dumbledore to announce the winner fred pulled her close. "first activity as a couple: stuck in the black lake. couple goals!" fred joked and kissed her head softly. thana laughed quietly but she couldn't stop thinking about what happened in the lake. something just didn't add up.

AUTHORSNOTE

ok so none of this makes sense ik i have no idea whats happening either just smile and nod everyone. anyways when cedric dies thana is gonna listen to daddy issues 24/7 ❤️❤️❤️ no jk idk anyways this part is almost over and after this everythings gonna be even more confusing and messy lol. anyways ive finishwd this chapter and the next one so ill post it soon but i have my test week coming up so i probably wint update then