➵ | twenty- six, the world cup

thana had never been a big fan of quidditch, she grew up in the muggle world so she only recently found out about her boyfriends favorite sport. she saw how happy it made him and his friends so she decided to just put on a smile and join them in watching the world cup. he had been there for her after the ending of the previous schoolyear and had even tried to teach her how to play, so as the two were getting ready at the malfoys mansion, thana had been there all summer, blaise explained some things about his favorite team.

they started dating after a few weeks, the two had spent a lot of time together at it just happened. there was a problem though, blaise didn't know the full story, just like theo he thought thana had been dropped off at the potter family because her mother, a merlin, wasn't ready for a baby. she felt bad about lying to them, keeping somethinga s big as the truth from them was hard but every time she wanted to tell them the voice came back. it would tell her to shut up or he would kill them. she had been talking to her father more than she expected. he would randomly tell her things that were going on in his life, at first thana ignored him but after a while she started talking back. voldemort supported her relationship with blaise. he expcted her to be with draco but this was better, if draaco and thana would break up it could mean lucius would leave his side.

thana wasn't listening to what blaise was saying, she was thinking about her father. she knew she was safe. if he wanted her dead she would've been dead by now. she was pretty sure draco, blaise and theo were safe too, unlike some of her other friends. her friendship with the golden trio had been restored and was now better than ever, just like her friendship with cedric, hailey and some other older students. she snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the door being slammed open, knowing it was theo she stood up and smiled at both of the boys. theo always slammed the door open like that, to make sure that if the couple was making out they wouldn't be once he had officially entered the room, unlike draco who had avoided the two when they were together.

blaise gently took her hand in his, pressing a soft kiss on it as they walked out of her room, greeting lucius and narcissa. once draco had gotten out of his own room they left the mansion and teleported to the world cup. thana noticed draco seemed a bit down and impulsively jumped on his back, letting go of blaises hand and wrapping her arms around draco instead. "you guys have been talking about this all summer so i'm not gonna let you walk here like some sad ferret, now hurry up or you'll miss it." she could hear him chuckle and theo gave her a thumbs up, letting her know he was smiling again. theo and blaise waved the others goodbye and went to sit with their own families, still near the malfoys and thana but too far away to just stop by during the game.

a familiar voice made thana jump off of draco's back and look up at ron, "blimey dad! how far up are we?" the girl held her breath, knowing the malfoy family didn't like her friends and their family. "well, put it this way," lucius started, "if it rains, you'll be the first to know." draco followed his dad and laughed at the joke, leaving thana with narcissa. the two females looked at each other with a 'here we go again' look and chuckled at how good they understood each other. while they were just vibing draco decided to say something too, "my parents, thana and i are in the minister's box by personal invitation of cornelius fudge himself." they had started walking again, narcissa had joined her husband and thana stood besides draco, not looking at the others. suddenly lucius turned around, poking draco with his cane, "don't boast draco," thana grabbed draco's arm, not sure if the cane had hurt him. "there's no need with these people," the man continued, making thana mumble some insults under her breath. she made a deal with the golden trio that she would stop draco or lucius if she had too but they gave her a look that said she didn't have to at the moment.

harry turned his friends away and was about to continue his walk when lucius reached out to him with his cane, not intending on hurting them but still making thana slam the cane out of his hands, "do enjoy yours-" the sudden action of the girl made him stop. "lets just watch the game and be mature now shall we?" she snarled, pushing the cane back into his hands as she send the others an apologetic smile. they made their way to their seats, not being able to talk because of the lodu noises the crowd waas making. thana looked at the fireworks with an impressed look on her face, not paying attentionnto draco and his mother, the woman was trying to convince her son to just put his arm around thana, or even just give her his jacket or scarf. it took a while but draco finally listened to his now very proud mother and took off his jacket, throwing it over thanas shoulders and leaving his arm there. the girl smiled at him and focused back on the big picture of someone named krum. "who's that?"she asked draco, still not looking away from the gigantic portrait. as she listened to draco explain some things about krum and more players she rested her head on his shoulder, focusing on his voice and his voice only.

AUTHORSNOTE

this sucks lmfao but its just to
start this new part which im very excited for
i didn't wanna add the riot thing to this because i have some plans ;)
anyways rip draco's feelings