➵ | eleven, dinner

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

dinner.

THANA STEPPED OUT of the dressing room and narcissa clapped her hands. "beautiful, you look just beautiful dear, doesn't she draco?" the woman said, making her son look at the girl who was standing in front of him. she was wearing a white dress. "i guess?" the twelve year old boy said.

he didn't look at that, she was his friend, one of his best. the girl insisted to pay for the dress but the malfoy family gave it to her as a gift. "theo and blaise are also coming tonight!" draco said as they entered the malfoy manor. thana, who grew up with harry in a small muggle house, looked around. "big huh?" draco asked, giving her a house tour.

"this is the guest room you'll be sleeping in and next doors are theo and blaise." she nodded and after thana was done unpacking draco decided to teach the girl how to play quidditch. as she got on her broom the boy showed his new broom. "bragging is not the way to impress a lady, son." lucius sounded amused as his son started blushing. they flew around for a bit until the nott and zabini family arrived.

"broom surfing!" theo yelled as he stood on his broom. "oh god," thana said as she quickly flew next to him, making sure she could catch him, which she had to do less than a minute. "you are such an idiot, theo." draco said as he watched thana drop theo off at the ground so he could get back on his broom.

"lets make it a competition, who's able to broom surf the longest." theo said, knowing both blaise and draco never say no to a competition. "what's the reward?" blaise asked and thana shook her head as the boys turned to her. "a dance with thana at the dinner tonight!" narcissa said. they looked at the woman and the boys accepted the challenge.

"3,2," all the boys got ready to stand up, "1!" as thana said that the boys started screaming. theo fell off first, caught by the parents. "you okay?" he nodded and sat down next to thana. they watched as draco and blaise kept on 'surfing'

eventually draco fell and blaise sat down on his broom. "now that you've found your dance partner you better get ready, come on i'll do your hair." narcissa said as she put a hand on the little girls back.

"tadaa!" narcissa spun the stair around and thana looked at herself in the mirror. her long, brown hairs were half braided, half curled. she was only twelve but narcissa had put on a little mascara and highlighter on. "thank you!" the girl said before hugging the woman.

the girl sat down between draco and theo and started eating. they didn't talk much, blaise was very excited for the dance part of the evening, theo just wanted to keep eating and draco felt the glare of his father on him every second of the night. "now if everybody would like to stand up," they did as lucius told them, "now i'd like to bring out a toast."

"draco, my son, will soon start his second year at hogwarts as a slytherin. narcissa and i couldn't be prouder, so if you'd all want to raise your glasses, toast to my boy, draco malfoy!" everybody clapped and blaise held out his hand for thana.

she had never danced with anyone before but narcissa had told her the basics. while blaise had his hands on her hips, she slowly put hers aroumd his neck. they laughed and joked about it, not thinking that the adults might see things different than they did. they thought they were just twelve year olds, dancing together as friends because one of them had won a 'broom surfing' competition.

"jelly?" theo asked draco, sitting down next to the boy who was staring at his dancing friends. "i'm not jealous! i don't like her, i just lost a competition. and i just want her to trust me like she seems to trust blaise." he sighed and looked at theo, who was holding up jelly candy. "i meant if you wanted jelly, as in the candy." he started laughing and draco took the candy.

three knocks. thana sighed and walked to the door. "we have another competition." blaise announced, sitting down on her bed. "am i the reward again?" thana asked, yawning. "no, you're gonna join the competition." theo said. "we're going to try to stay up all night, the person who stays up the longest wins!" draco smiled. thana grabbed her sleeping stuff and the four kids walked to draco's room.

his room was big and as thana looked around she realized it was almost as big as the weasley's entire house. "let's play a game." theo suggested when they sat down. "which one?"

"would you rather," blaise made a thinking face, "turn into a toad or a ferret?" draco scoffed. "a ferret. your turn theo, would you rather be ron weasley or neville longbottom?" they all burst out in laughing. "no thanks. thana, your turn. would you rather be a hogwarts professor or work in the ministry?" thana chose the second one without thinking twice.

"i'm bored." blaise announced after a while. "truth or dare?" theo sat up straight and looked at his friend. "truth." draco whispered something in theo's ear and the two boys bursted out in laughter. "who do you think is the cutest girl in slytherin?"

"oh i see, it's past bedtime and the wild questions get asked huh," blaise tried to look cool but failed. "answer the question blaiseeee," theo said with a singing voice. "fine! i guess thana." thana blushed and draco and theo laughed. "so that's why you were blushing while dancing with her!" they teased.

"oh shut up, theo, truth or dare?" theo thought for a while but chose dare. "i dare you to send harry potter a howler!" blaise dared him. "duh." he got up to grab a piece of paper while draco went to get his dad to do the magic part. "start speaking,"

"harry potter! ha what a joke. you're probably studying, crying or sleeping like a kid. we are staying up because we're cooler. but you already knew, (laughter from theo and draco) when we get back at school you will regret ignoring your sister yesterday! or calling draco her boyfriend. good luck with living with the weasley's, i bet there's at least 5 different viruses going around there! (more laughter) see you at school, harry potter!" he said with a disgusted voice. even mr malfoy grinned while sending the letter.

they continued to play some games until hedwig tapped on the window.

dear sister,
so first you side with the boys who bully me and your other friends. and then you laugh as they send me a screaming letter? you definitely win the sister of the year award. good luck in the new school year, being a mean slytherin and stuff. hope you change.

and to the boys: at least i'm the youngest quidditch player of the century!

"look! blaise fell asleep!" theo said while pointing at the snoring boy. "i'm definitely going to win." draco announced. they continued to talk and gossip until theo had fallen asleep as well. draco and thana just stared at eachother. "truth or dare?" he smirked. "truth."

"cutest boy in hogwarts?"

"definitely cedric diggory," she said and after a confused look from draco she added, "hufflepuff." he scoffed. "hufflepuff? and isn't he way older than you?" thana nodded. "i don't like him, i just think he's the cutest." draco scoffed again before falling asleep. thana stood up and woke up all the boys. "i won!" she danced around and the boys groaned before going back to sleep.