➵ | fourteen, scared?

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

scared?

PROFESSOR LOCKHART THOUGHT it would be a good idea to start a dueling club. after he explained what was going to happen he introduced professor snape as his assistant and snape did not like that. before lockhart could even think about a spell, snape yelled, "expelliarmus!" lockhart seemed to need a moment to collect his lies before continuing, "an excellent idea to show them that, professor snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious- ah- what you were about to do. and if i had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy." snape didn't seem to care much, "perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor."

lockhart was amazed by this idea and asked ron and harry to volunteer. "weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. we'll be sending potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. might i suggest someone from my own house? malfoy, perhaps?" the boy next to thana nodded and walked towards her brother. "which one is gonna end up dead do you think?" blaise asked and him and theo started discussing who would lose their temper first.

"scared potter?" draco asked. "terrified malfoy!" thana answered and a few gryffindors laughed. "you wish." lockhart decided he needed attention again, "on the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent- only to disarm. we don't want any accidents here. one, two-"

draco had other plans. "everte statium!" hermione gasped and crabbe laughed. "rictusempra!" harry said. lockhart tried to stop it, but failed hopelessly. "serpensortia!" a snake appeard after draco had cast the spell. thana gave him a annoyed look. "don't move potter, i'll get rid of it for you." snape tried but lockhart stopped him from doing so but he only threw the snake up in the air. it turned, now facing thana, who tried her best not to look scared. harry began talking to the snake, in parseltongue. "vipera evenesca." snape said calmly.

"is he crazy? trying to send that snake to, what, kill you?" draco said, dramatically throwing his hands in the air. "you were the one who made the snake appear." she shrugged but draco explained that that was different. just as he was about to start another monologue about how harry should be expelled a tall boy accidentally bumped into thana.

"watch where you're going, her brother just tried to kill her!" thana couldn't help but laugh at how dramatic draco was. "don't mind him, i'm thana potter." she introduced herself and the boy shook her hand. "trevor blooming, third year ravenclaw." he looked at draco, waiting for him to introduce himself, which he didn't. "and the drama queen over here is draco malfoy," draco nodded at the ravenclaw boy and started whining like a little kid about going back to the common room. trevor laughed and invited thana and draco to play quidditch with him and some of his friends later that day. draco immediately came up with excuses but thana stopped him. "shut it malfoy, we'll be there, mind if we bring some friends too?"

"and then she just promised that we'd bring friends too, but we don't have any friends other than eachother!" blaise and theo pretended to be hurt, "are we a joke to you?" thana laughed, "i didn't forget about you, don't worry." she ruffled theo's hair and draco crossed his arms. "come on, it'll be fun!" thana playfully bumped her shoulder against his and when he laughed he agreed to coming with them according to thana. he would've agreed eventually, of course he would. he didn't know it at time but he'd agree to almost anything thana would ask of him.

"hey!" trevor greeted thana and the others. "i've never played quidditch before, so be prepared to see me fail a lot." trevor laughed and pushed his friends foward. "this is hailey steffield, ravenclaw, cedric diggory and his sister elizabeth diggory, both hufflepuff, oh and rowen orchard is also a hufflepuff." she noticed that trevor spoke fast and smiled at him. "nice to meet you," she said to the group, "sorry in advance but this is draco malfoy, blaise zabini and theodore nott, all slytherin." the boys rolled their eyes at her comment but nodded towards the others. "the warning was for those two, i'm perfectly fine," theo sweetly smiled at thana's new friends. "

after a while thana and hailey found out they both sucked at quidditch and decided to just fly around, annoying the others. thana smiled, everything was okay again. she finally found some female friends, harry and her finally stopped fighting, for now. but even though she knew it wouldn't always be this good; she enjoyed it whilst it lasted.

( AUTHORSNOTE
okay so meet mine and
godrichollows 's oc's!!
this was kind of a filler
to show the new
friendships yk
and ew everything goes
by so fast but i just really
wanna write act
3-7 already sooo )