➵ | five, the first game !

CHAPTER FIVE.

the first game

the first game.

THANA WAS BEYOND nervous as she was standing in the slytherin stands, waiting for her brother to play his first quidditch game as the new seeker. she started cheering for him as he flew over the field, ignoring the dirty looks her house gave her.

the game began and thana watched as gryffindor scored ten points, since it wasn't her brother scoring she didn't care, good for them but she was there for her brother. she would have been fine with watching the match on her own, or preferably with blaise but it didn't take long before she was joined by not only zabini but malfoy as well. she heard draco groan as the other team scored another ten points, that was until someone, thana didn't see who, was knocked off his broom and slytherin kept on scoring points. she heard some whispers about that someone being oliver wood but cheered along with the others whenever her house scored some points.

suddenly harry's broom went crazy and thana stood up straight. he almost fell off, "harry!" thana's voice sounded panicked and blaise gave her a worried look. soon harry got back on his broom and he and slytherin's seeker started chasing the snitch. harry fell off his broom and looked like he was going to throw up but then he spit out the snitch. thana sighed in relief and sat back down. "gryffindor wins!"

draco shook his head and put it in his hands. he mumbled something about 'the only thing he seeks is attention' but thana ignored him and excused herself to go and find her brother. "you did it!" she said while hugging him. "aren't your little slytherin friends looking for you?" harry let go of his sister and gave her an annoyed look. "seriously? i can't choose in which house i am!" harry shook his head before walking away. she felt desperate and angry; what had she done wrong? she just wanted to support him and hadn't asked the two young slytherins to join her.

"you okay, potter?" blaise asked the moment thana walked in. she shrugged it off but blaise didn't give up. "my brother got mad at me when i went up to him after the game, you know to congratulate him. he said something about my slytherin friends, walking away after."

blaise nodded and the two eleven year old kids just sat there in silence, neither knowing what the right thing to say would be. after a while they said goodbye when thana headed to the library. "hermione! what a lovely suprise!" the girl said, taking a seat next to her friend.

"harry told me what happened, he may be angry right now but i'm sure the two of you will be fine." thana smiled and pulled out her books. the two brown-haired girls sat there like that until they were called for dinner, they said goodbye and sat down at the tables that belonged to their houses. "hanging out with a mudblood?" draco scoffed. "shut up, malfoy." he smirked and she just rolled her eyes.

draco had been nice to her, that didn't go unnoticed. but she couldn't forget the way he had spoken to her brother and ron, not to mention the tone with which he just asked about hermione. surely he was nice to her but she wouldn't befriend someone who was so mean to her brother, even if harry was mad at her right now.

draco, however, never had a real friend. he had followers and people like blaise, but he hoped that maybe the potter girl could be his first friend. she didn't want to impress him and wasn't even scared of him. surely blaise and later theodore would become his friends, although he'd rarely admit it, but he knew he wanted the girls friendship, and the fact that it wasn't just thrown in his lap made it even more interesting.

so there they were, sitting and eating in silence.

( AUTHORSNOTE,
okay this is short and basically
a filler BUT it was to show
the way draco and thana
looked at the 'friendship',
theo will soon join them
but they're just 11 so they
don't have a romantic
relationship yet, and no
real romantic feelings. )

lolollll i just kinda edited this and i hate it sm???? its so short????? pls dont let the beginning scare you away it'll get better i promise :)

another authorsnote like 2 years later. I was planning on editing this whole story but then I hated it so I unpublished it. Butttt since there's still people adding it to reading lists and stuff I decided to just upload it without editing, purely for the people who do want to read it, not because I like this. Will be uploading weekly hopefully