Two Birds

A/N This is a song fic, and kinda sad. This is mainly about a friendship between Flash and Peter but y'know.

Two birds on a wire

Four year old Peter Parker and another boy sat on a swing set, swing back and forth as they laughed. Peter didn't know they boys name, but but seemed as if they would be good friends.

One tries to fly away

Peter lets go of the swing, and flies through the air before landing on his leg, painfully. He starts to cry.

And the other watches him close from that wire

The other boy laughs at him meanly, gracefully jumping off the swing and landing on his feet. The boy runs off, still laughing.

He says he wants to as well

Yet another young boy approaches Peter.
"Are you okay?" The boy asks, offering a hand. Peter dries his tears and lets the other boy help him to his feet.
"I'm Eugene Thompson, but you can all me Flash!" The boy said happily, shaking Peter's hand.
"M'name's Peter Parker!" Peter introduced himself. The two boys played in the sand pit, and ran around the playground.
"See you later!" Flash called when his mother called him.

But he is a liar

Peter never saw Flash Thompson again.

...

I'll believe it all

Peter grinned at his mother, handing her the report card. Natasha smiled, riffling his hair.
"Good job, kiddo." She said as she read it over.

There's nothing I won't understand

Peter smiled at his mom as he walked up the steps into Midtown High. His first day.

I'll believe it all

Peter frowned as someone threw a punch at his stomach, laughing as they walked away.

I won't let go of your hand

A hand was offered to him. Flash Thompson.

Two birds on a wire

The two boys talked with each other, telling stories of their lives since they had met at that playground.

One says c'mon and the other says "I'm tired"

"Come on! We never study at your place!" Ned said to one of his best friends, Peter.
"Sorry guys, I'm not up for it right now." Peter responded. Flash put his hand on Peter's shoulder, seeing his tired face.
"Alright, man."

The sky is overcast and I'm sorry

The sky was dark, and Peter knew for sure that rain was coming.

...

One more or one less

Flash and Peter watched sadly as Ned Leeds, their best friend, sat and talked with their bully.

...

Nobody's worried

Spider-Man swung through the air, bleeding from his side.

...

I'll believe it all

"Come on, Peter, I promise I won't tell anyone. You're clearly hurt!" Flash said, worry clear in his voice.

There's nothing I won't understand

"I promise I'll help you, Pete, just tell me what's wrong, please.

I'll believe it all

"Not here." Peter answered as they walked through the halls.

I won't let go of your hand

The two ran to Flash's house.
"I'm Spider-Man."

...

Two birds of a feather

"Watch out, Peter, bank robbery on your left." Flash informed his best friend as Peter swung through the air.

...

Say that they're always gonna stay together

"Come on, man, I'm you guy in the chair! You can tell me anything!" Flash told Peter as they sat in Flash's room, studying for an upcoming science quiz.

But one's never going to let go of that wire

"You're ny best friend, and all, but I-" Peter started. "I'm a liar."

He says that he will

"My mom is Black Widow."

But he's just a liar

Flash stared.
"Awesome!"

...

Two birds on a wire

Flash blinked as the chemicals blew up in his face, charring the lab coat he had on. Peter laughed, and soon Flash joined in.

...

One tries to fly away and the other

"Mugging to your right!" Flash warned. "They've got a gun!"

Watches him close from that wire

Flash watched through the camera in Peter's suit, worried for his best friend.

...

He says he wants to as well, but he is a liar

"Hey Flash?"
"Yeah?"

Two birds on a wire

"Happy Birthday!"
Flash stared.
A suit. A superhero suit.

...

One tries to fly away and the other

The best friends ran/swung through the city, looking for crime together.

A/N Hello! This song has been stuck in my head and ta da!
A somewhat emotional song fic!
-Eli<3