Chapter 10

Incoming call from +81 6-4795-5505.

...

Incoming call from +81 6-4795-5505.

.....

Incoming call from-

"Hello?"

"G-Good morning... I-Is this the number of Miu I-Iruma?"

The girl shifted. She had been crying for a week, plowing through 4 whole tubs of strawberry ice cream. "Yeah. Why? A-Any news on Kaede?"

The nurse on the other side of the phone squeaked a bit. "U-Uhm... yes... w-we um..." She took a deep breath. "um.. K-Kaede Akamatsu went into c-cardiac arrest last Friday a-and she hasn't made any signs of r-recovering..."

Miu shot up, feeling a knot grow in her throat again. "Wh-What!?" She choked, already looking for her shoes. "You have to be fucking joking! Why the fuck didn't you tell us when she went into cardiac arrest!?"

The nurse squealed. "Y-you see... wh-when we picked her up from the S-Saihara residence, she was already in cardiac arrest..." Miu was furious. "I'm going to the god damn hospital right now! I'm not gonna let Kaede die!"

"B-But ma'am—" Miu hung up, dialing the rest of the friend group.

Within the next 10 minutes, everyone was in Shuichi's car on the way to the hospital. Kokichi had (unfortunately for Miu) called shotgun, leaving Kaito, Maki and Miu in the backseat.

"So she was already in cardiac arrest when they picked her up?" Shuichi asked, stopping at a light. Miu nodded. "She didn't tell me anything else other than she m-might not recover.." She felt bad about stuttering, but in her defense, her girlfriend might die. Kokichi tsked. "Nonsense! What'd you say the nurse on the phone sounded like?"

"Like a petty cunt! Stutterin' and sounding like she was gonna cry when I raised my fucking voice!" Miu yelled. Maki glared at her. Kokichi nodded. "I see, I see! Petty cunt who stutters and sounded like she was gonna cry? That's gotta be my best friend Mikan~" He giggled. Miu just stared at him, before the realization hit her. "That one bitch in my Biology class is a fuckin' nurse!?" Kokichi stared right back at her.

"Mikan Tsumiki, the Ultimate Nurse...am I right?" This time Maki was the one to answer. "Yeah, you're right. I heard there's never been a patient Mikan could heal, so Kaede should be in good hands."

Even with that, Miu still didn't feel reassured. Part of her was saying something was going to go wrong... But Mikan was an ultimate. She could risk getting her title revoked if she messed up. So Kaede will live... right?

...

"I-I'm afraid it's not visiting hours at the moment..." The nurse behind the counter mumbled, twiddling her fingers. Miu looked like she was gonna slap someone. "We drove ALL THIS WAY for you to tell us it's not fucking visiting hours!?" "M-Ma'am, I-I never said you c-could visit her-"

Miu grabbed her by the collar, bringing her close. The girl squeaked, desperately trying to take the inventor's hands off of her. "M-Ma'am, I-I will c-call security..!" "Don't pull this stupid victim act on me! I wanna see my fucking girlfriend, even if I have to break in that damn room myself!"

"Miu, you're being irrational..! Let her go.." Shuichi piped up. Maki nodded in agreement. "Threatening a nurse because she's following the hospital rules isn't just irrational, it's plain stupid." Miu shot her a dirty glare before letting go of the nurse, stepping back and crossing her arms. The girl quickly typed something on the computer, then looked back. "U-uhm... you can come back around 5 today, then you can see her... but i can't guarantee she be a-awake..."

A phone rang. "Oh, that's Kyoko. I-I'll be right back.." Shuichi mumbles before walking away. "It's Kyoko? Let me come with you, I need to have some involvement with this case." Maki said, walking beside him. That left...

"I can't take this bullshit, let's just wait for Shuichi to get off the damn phone," Miu scoffed, walking away as the nurse left. Kaito rubbed the back of his head. "I don't really get all of this visiting hours stuff, but it's definitely weird we can't just go see her," Kokichi scoffed. "You two are idiots! They have a specific period where you can go see patients because they actually have to work on making sure they get better, duhh!" He giggled. Kaito growled, rolling his eyes. "Whatever, man, I didn't ask you." Kokichi shrugged, pulling out his phone.

Miu and Kaito played "beer" pong using the little free cups the hospital gives you for water and some crumpled up paper while they waited for Shuichi and Maki. Originally they were playing Uno with Kokichi since they didn't have anything else to do, but since he kept winning they moved on and Kokichi did whatever he does.

"Damn it! I was so close!" Kaito yelled, slamming a fist on the table. "Hah! That's what happens to fucking virgins such as yourself!" Miu yelled, taking her turn. Unfortunately for her, she missed. "Gh-?! What the fuck! I calculated that shot perfectly!" She yelled, tugging at her hair. Kaito laughed, smirking. "That's what happens to fucking virgins such as yourself!"

A few moments later, Shuichi and Maki walked in. "Sorry that took so long... Maki insisted on talking Kyoko into letting her be a part of the investigation. She said we have to arrive within the hour in order to even consider Maki to help.."

The gang quickly left the building despite Miu's protests. Shuichi and Maki dropped them off at their respective houses and continued on their way.

Miu was outraged.

"Peko! I'm home and I seriously wanna fuck somebody up!" Miu yelled, bursting open the door and slamming it shut. Peko jumped, but this was a normal entrance for Miu even if she wasn't angry.

"What was it this time, Iruma-san?" Peko asked, tracking down that cat that ran away when Miu came in. "We had to fuckin' leave! And for what? So that assassin chick can maybe help with that little crime that I care so deeply about?!" That was half sarcastic and half not on Miu's part. Peko shook her head, grabbing the cat.

"Young Master will be here later, so I'm afraid I'm going to need you to keep it down... or leave." Peko deadpanned, letting the cat run and brushing her hair. Miu rolled her eyes. "You and that fuckin' yakuza! What do you even do when I'm gone...?" She thought for a moment, then smiled. "Ahahaha! He probably gives you a real fuckin' good reason to call him Master when I'm gone, doesn't he!? My, this little shy girl persona you have on is probably an act!" Miu yelled, giggling and skimming through her closet.

Peko glared. "I thought I told you to back off the subject, Iruma-san." Miu shrieked from her eyes. "E-eeee! I-I'm sorry... I can't help it..."

Miu knew very well she could.

Peko rolled her eyes, going to make herself a snack. Miu grabbed a rather showy outfit and her bike from the entrance, as well as a water bottle. "Alright! I'm off! Be sure to wash the sheets before I get home, I don't wanna smell that disgusting Poo-yuhiko in the room when I get back!" She left before Peko could answer.

Miu dialed a number, hopping on her bike and starting to ride.

"Hello?"
"Hey, dipshit! I'm comin' over since I don't think it's 5 yet. Have the you-know-what loaded, I'm gonna pound your ass so hard you won't be able to walk tomorrow!"
"Bring it! You know Ness can fuck up Bayonetta any day!"
"Oooh, you say that every time but guess who wins every time! Bayonettttta!"

She was getting weird looks from the neighborhood, mostly from the older people. However, it didn't take her long to arrive at her best friend's house.

Unfortunately, that may have been the last time she ever went to "Smash" Kaito.

——————

HOLY SHIT IM SO SORRY FOR THE LAST CHAPTER!!! tbh i don't have a reason other than no motivation and i've been super depressed lately but shhh, my boyfriend-who-isn't-technically-my-bf has left me on read for almost 4 days annnnnnd yeah life kinda sucks but hey, persona 5 royal and toilet bound hanako kun are really good! also, thank you so much for 9k reads???? when i started writing this chapter, i wanna say i was on 7 or 8k, so just that amount of reads in like, 2 weeks, is amazing! i love each and every one of you who take the time to read this book, vote, comment, whatever you're doing, i love you!!!!! thank you so much, have a good day/afternoon/night and stay safe from the corn a virus!!!

Word Count: 1491