Chapter 14

"Thank you! So nice to actually have a decision made by someone other than myself for once..." The girl mumbled, hiding the boxes. "Also, please assume a trigger warning from here on out. I can't guarantee things will be all nice and vanilla after this." She dusted herself off and turning away from the wall...

... "The monkey and the knife were what you should've voted for." She mumbled, then actually turning towards the two.

"You two. Stop bickering because I'm just gonna pick who goes first!" The girl yelled. Kokichi and Miu hushed, looking over to her. She giggled, handing the gun to Kokichi.

Kokichi gulped. "...Miu. Remember what I said, I'll..." He motioned to the barrel, hoping she would catch on. She did, nodding. He nodded back.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes and spinning the barrel once.

Twice.

Three times.

He pulled the gun up to his head, grazing his finger over the trigger and...

Bam.

...

Miu jumped, horrified by the scene she just witnessed... but she had her eyes closed. Maybe it would be as bad as she thought it was. She slowly opened her eyes, and..

...No. No. No. No. No. No. No....

N o.

T h i s  c a n ' t  b e  r e a l . . .

Her jaw dropped as tears started rolling down her cheeks. She stared at the boy on the floor, then to the wall covered in an icky pink blood, then to the stranger- who was nowhere in sight. She looked at herself, only just realizing the blood of the supreme leader on her own body. It was splattered everywhere, there wasn't a single place she could see in their area that didn't have blood in it. She brought a hand to her face, feeling the small drops of blood run down- or were those tears?

Then she realized. She was free from her restraints. She quickly ran over, picking him up- who was surprisingly light- and hugging him. "Damn it, you fucking rat...! If you had just let me go first, this wouldn't have fucking happened..!" She mumbled, looking to the gun. She examined it, realizing it was a cheaper model- therefore being easier to tamper with and rig. So cheap-looking, whoever this stranger was probably bought it because it was the only one they could buy.

She could've saved both of them had she gone first. She would've had just enough time to deconstruct the gun and get out with Kokichi.

"Congratulations, Miu! You're free to go. Don't worry about him, I can cover my tracks-"

But Miu had already started running with Kokichi's body over her shoulders. She was cussing under her breath, praying he hadn't hit a vital part of his brain. She ran out of the house, then realized how dark it was outside. Not good.

She ran, her boot heels clicking on the sidewalk. Once she saw where she wanted to go, she started screaming.

"SHUICHI! SHUICHI, FOR FUCKS SAKE, PLEASE GET THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!! PLEASE!!"

More tears came down as she yelled. Even though she didn't care much for the boy, it was still very traumatizing knowing she could've saved them both had she fought enough to go first.

Once she approached the house she started screaming louder, banging on the door with her foot while tearing her sleeve to wrap around Kokichi's head. Shuichi, bewildered, opened the door and almost broke down immediately.

"M.... Miu.... th-that's not... what i think it is...... right...?" He mumbled, almost inaudibly. He collapsed, grabbing the doorframe and just staring at the sight in front of him. He was almost too shocked to cry...

h o w  m a n y  m o r e  o f  h i s  f r i e n d s
w a s  h e  g o i n g  t o  w a t c h  d i e?

"Shuichi, fucking snap out of it! We need to leave, right now! Got o the hospital! Fucking hurry up!" She yelled, grabbing the attention of Kaito and Maki. Both of them rushed over and caught onto the situation, forcing Shuichi up.

"C'mon Shuichi, get in the car! We don't know how long he has left!" Kaito yelled, trying to shove him in. Maki grabbed his arm, looking up at the astronaut. "Do you think making him drive in this state is really the best idea? Let me drive. I know how." So that's exactly what she did.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the hospital. Miu bursted open the door, yelling. "SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! MY... FRIEND... WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD!!" She cried, holding him bridal-style so she could cover the wound the best she could. Mikan ran out closely followed by her current assistant, calling out help and rushing him to a room. A dark mood filled the group.

"...Miu, you went missing for a couple days and suddenly appear holding a dying Kokichi and all cut and bruised up. Mind explaining what happened?" Maki questioned, crossing her arms.

"I don't even fucking remember how I got there, but I was leaving Kaito's house and suddenly I woke up in Kaede's basement, hurting a shit ton... There was some crazy ass lady who called herself the Ultimate Despair or something, and she made us play Russian Roulette..! Who the fuck does she think she is to just fuck with us for fun!?" Miu yelled, getting angry.

But Shuichi was too far in shock to even listen. He stared at his hands, his mind running wild.
If he had stayed with them, maybe convinced them to hang out or just stay indoors, they wouldn't have died... Did he have something to do with this? Could he have prevented them from death..?

Not to mention, it's rather suspicious school is still open with everything that's been happening. Granted, he didn't think they knew about Kokichi's incident, but it's still suspicious they're open after Kaede and Mahiru's certain demise and Miu's sudden disappearance... Maybe they had something to do with i-

"Hey, Shuichi! Did you read the email they just sent out?" Kaito asked, patting him on the back, causing him to snap back to reality. He shook his head. "Oh. School is closed from now on, there's been too many things happenin' that they think students will need time to recover," He informed, then throwing his fists in the air. "EARLY SUMMER! WOOHOO!"

Shuichi smiled a bit, but quickly reverted back to the best poker face he could muster. Ironic, he was just thinking about that. He looked over to Miu, who was smiling and cheering with Kaito. But something didn't feel right to Shuichi...

Why was she so happy? The victims and witnesses to murder and suicide cases he'd talked to were always petrified, and defiantly had developed some sort of PTSD from their incidents. Miu, however, looked as though she was fine.

"Miu..." Shuichi started. He knew making an accusation without knowing their side of the story or having proper evidence was pretty bad, but he had to start somewhere. The trio looked at him, Miu being the most confused.

"You didn't... kill Kokichi, did you?"

—————

mai tsurugi, sue miley, reko yabusame & nao egokoro best girls don't @ me anyway hate this chapter hate everything i've been writing and drawing i just wanna sleep and wake up like 2 years into the future

edit: oh yeah let me explain what would've happened had you chosen a blank: kokichi would've rigged the gun for Miu, so instead of 2 blanks and 4 real there would've been 3 blanks and 4 real, the 3rd blank would've just been to mimic how the gun got stuck
if Miu was chosen first, you would've gotten the option to deconstruct the gun or try your hand. deconstructing the gun would've caused Kokichi to have to fight the stranger in order to save Miu since she was equipped with a knife, and trying her hand at the gun would also give her enough time to make sure it doesn't fire, had she survived. so basically if you chose Miu you could've 100% survived with both of them and i didn't tell you this because i am an evil human being also it wouldn't've made sense since Miu was in a state of panic and wouldn't be able to get a good look at the gun during that time. so yeah

Word Count: 1417