Chapter 15

May 5, 2020

3:07 pm

Dear Diary,

It's been 4 days since Miu showed up with Kokichi and the detective unit has been running wild. Kyoko and a guy a little older than me named Goro Akechi is leading the newest case while I and a few others cover Kaede's and Mahiru's since it's not that new and we already have a lot of evidence for it. I emailed Mr. Tsukimi and Mrs. Chidouin for extra credit in hopes of raising my grades, but those aren't important. What I really want to know is who thought they could murder Kokichi and get awa

"..Hey, Shuichi. I heard what happened." Somebody said behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I jumped, turning around and seeing Rantaro behind me, smiling.

He sat down next to me, crossing his arms and leading back. "H-Heard what happened..? Wh-What do you mean?" Rantaro rolled his eyes, laughing a bit. "What happened to Kokichi? Y'know, the one they talked about in the school's closing email?" Shuichi blushed out of embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh... yeah."

"I'm sorry, by the way. To have so many things happen like that. Must be tough..." He stares at his feet. "If you ever need to talk, I'm here." He finished, smiling at the detective. Shuichi bit his lip, blushing a bit. "I-I uh... thanks... D-do you mind if I talk? I think I accidentally made one of my friends upset.." Rantaro nodded, turning to face the detective.

He told him about how Miu reacted to his accusation. How offended she was and how she hasn't talked to him since then unless it was for business...

...

"Am I the one who killed him?! Are you out of your fucking mind!?" Miu yelled, outraged. Kaito jumped, surprised at her sudden outburst. "W-Well I-"

"wElL wElL i- don't give me that bullshit! I went through fucking hell and back, having been TORTURED and KNOCKED OUT multiple fucking times! And you accuse me of killing that fucking rat!"

Shuichi bit his lip, grabbing his pant leg. "M-Miu, I-I need to ask because i-it's my jo-"

"NO! FUCKING LISTEN TO ME!" She grabbed his shirt collar, pulling him close. "Miu, stop-" "SHUT THE FUCK UP, SPACE MAN!" Kaito shut his mouth, biting his lip. "You don't fucking know what the hell I went through during those few days, and being accuse of FUCKING MURDER is the last god damn thing I wanna hear!!" Miu yelled, throwing him down. Seems nobody in a hospital could see this. Weird.

"Miu, that's enough." Maki growled, rolling up her sleeves and walking up to her. "Maki, you gotta know where the fuck I'm coming from! You've tortured people, ri-"

SLAP.

"Shut the fuck up you shitty whore." Shuichi was too far into a breakdown to realize how out of character that was for her. Miu bit her lip, glaring at the assassin. "Look what you've done to Shuichi. It's part of his job to ask things like that."

"Maki..." Miu growled, grabbing at her hair. "NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND! OF COURSE YOU ASSHOLES WOULDN'T GET BEING KIDNAPPED AND WATCHING SOMEBODY YOU KINDA CARED ABOUT KILL THEMSELF!" She started crying, running out of the hospital. Was this normal? Did this just happen for nobody to be concerned?

Shuichi was on his knees, sobbing. He clenched his shirt, attempting to calm himself, but he could never compose himself when people are yelling at him like that. Maki kneeled down, patting him on the back. Kaito, however, was the opposite.

"Get up, Shuichi! No man I know would look so vulnerable in public like this?" He held out his hand, smiling. Shuichi sniffed, still attempting to calm himself down. Kaito frowned, furrowing his eyebrows a little. Maki shot him a warning glare, telling him to back down. Kaito rolled his eyes, but did anyway, helping Shuichi to the car and just rubbing his back the whole way back home. It was a tough night, for all of them.