Chapter 11

*trigger warning for this chapter: bruises, cuts, blood

Shuichi awoke with a bad feeling. A terrible feeling indeed. But why?

He didn't know. Well, he didn't know until he checked the news. After all, it was 7:30 on a Sunday.

"ULTIMATE INVENTOR MIU IRUMA: MISSING. LAST REPORTED SIGHTING: 069 HOPE DR., TOJYO, JAPAN, 11037. LAST SEEN WEARING: PINK TURTLENECK, IMPORTED BLACK LULU LEMON LEGGINGS, IMPORTED DOC MARTINS, STRAWBERRY BLONDE HAIR TIED INTO PONYTAIL, FAIR SKIN TONE."

His heart sank. Miu was missing? How did she go missing? He kept watching to get more info.

A news lady appeared. "Yesterday at 9:34 pm, Hope's Peak Academy student Miu Iruma the Ultimate Inventor was reported missing. Allegedly, her last known sighting was at 069 Hope Dr. When investigated, police forces found the residence was home to two of the school's other students, Leon Kuwata, the Ultimate Baseball Player, and Kaito Momota, the Ultimate Astronaut. Both are in police custody for interrogation, and a possible link to murder and attempted murder of Mahiru Koizumi and Kaede Akamatsu, ult. Photographer and Pianist respectively.

"After some investigation, attempted murder victim Kaede Akamatsu and Miu Iruma seemed to be in a relationship. Investigators, including some of those which attend their high school, have been looking into the case. There have been no such leads yet for either of them, but we do have a suspicion from the lead investigator of the case, Ultimate Detective Kyoko Kirigiri. Tell us, Kirigiri-san, what do you think of this case?"

Shuichi was stunned. The only investigation he had been notified on was the Kaede and Mahiru case, this was the first time he had been hearing of Miu's disappearance. He listened to Kyoko as she spoke.

"It's certainly weird a couple such as them would either become the victim of an attempted murder case or go missing, but I do have a suspicion on who could be the man behind this. Hope's Peak Academy's Ultimate Anthropologist Korekiyo Shinguji denied ever seeing Mahiru or Kaede the night of their incident, but from other witness testimonies, the two were seen entering his house late at night. Kaito Momota, one of the suspects in police custody, stated the two were going to his residence to help his sister with something, so it is likely he wasn't home that night. The house has no cameras anywhere, and we couldn't find any traces of blood or weapons, but even so, he remains a suspect in my eyes."

Shuichi nodded. Understandable, Korekiyo was a very creepy guy.

"As for the missing person, her last known sighting was in the residence of Kaito Momota. Apparently, nobody saw her leave the house and her roommate saw her bring a suspicious item with her on the way to the house. After a thorough investigation, there was no sign of her anywhere on the plot and neither of the two men living in the house said they remember her leaving. Of course, it's entirely possible she left early in the morning when everyone was sleeping, but that would raise further suspicions as to where she could be. Investigations will be held until we have enough evidence to perform a trial, and I'm hiring anybody I think could be of assistance. Please, if you're watching this right now and know anything about the two crimes that have happened recently, do not be afraid to contact me."

Shuichi bit his lip, immediately texting Kyoko about it. He got a text not even a minute later, saying to come to the department as soon as possible to speak about it. Shuichi started getting ready, hoping he could get ready before Kokichi woke up. Unfortunately, he could not. He only managed to shower and put his pants on before Kokichi walked in.

"Mm.. Shuichi? Where are you going? Why.. aren't you wearing a shirt..?" The boy asked, half asleep. Shuichi jumped, quickly throwing one on. "Uhm... Watch the news. I have to go somewhere, uh, hopefully the teachers will excuse me from the first few periods..." he mumbled, quickly buttoning up his shirt and grabbing his coat before walking out. "There's leftovers in the fridge if you wanna heat those up, I should be back before lunch. B-Bye, Kokichi!" He yelled, jumping in his car and leaving.