14| Thank You For Acknowledging my Name's Hotness

"DOES he look just like you? I bet he looks just like you

"DOES he look just like you? I bet he looks just like you. What's he like? If he's anything like you, we'll get along swimmingly. Hell, if he's a complete dick but has your same blessed genes, I'll do just fine," Matteo said.

"That's a lot of questions."

Matteo and I were on the bus heading into downtown Syracuse to meet Will. It was Saturday (finally) and Will had agreed to come up to Syracuse for the day to hang out and meet Matteo since Matteo was going to tutor him for his statistics class. So we were meeting Will at Peaks Coffee and he had texted me a few minutes ago to tell me that he was already there and we were running late.

WILL: where u at bitch? u r late. i am going to drink 10 coffees by the time u get here

He was dramatic. But I guess that's all part of being a theater kid for him.

"They're valid questions. Most were comments. Is he attractive?" Matteo asked.

"I don't know. Do you find 16-year-old boys attractive?"

"Depends," Matteo said. "Have you seen Finn Wolfhard?"

I just rolled my eyes.

Matteo, for as much as I'd already learned about him, was still a bit of a mystery. His relationship with Maverick and his old addiction to drugs of some sort was already interesting enough. But on top of that, I had questions about his relationship with Maverick. Questions about whether Matteo was into Maverick or not. Whether Matteo was into guys or if he was just a dude who was able to admit that Finn Wolfhard was hot.

For now, I brushed off any questions I had and deemed them irrelevant.

The bus pulled to a stop and Matteo and I both got up and left the bus. The coffee shop was right around the corner and we headed in its direction.

The exterior of Peaks Coffee was all windows and modern. We walked inside and directly in front of us was a giant black counter. Off to the side we're sitting areas: A bar lining the windows in front of the café and small wooden tables all around the open area. Matteo immediately stepped up to order coffee and asked me if I wanted anything, but I opted against it. I'd already had coffee this morning and didn't need any more.

I spotted Will sitting at one of the tables towards the back of the café with a coffee cup between his hands and staring at his phone.

Once Matteo finished ordering, he turned and caught my line of sight.

"Oh. That has to be your brother," Matteo said. He looked at me and smirked. "He definitely has your good genes. And he's definitely arm candy."

Before I could respond, Matteo was already walking over to the table Will was sitting at. I followed him and we sat down. Will looked up and put his phone down.