23| The Sibling Confessional

CLEARLY, I was going insane. Because on any normal day when I was acting like a normal person, I wouldn't have kissed Theodore Montgomery III in the elevator of my family's apartment building as I escorted him out to send him home with the rest of my friends.

But. I totally did. Kiss him. In the elevator.

As I took the elevator back up, feeling the phantom sensation of his lips brushing mine, the faint taste of mint from his mouth left on my own, Theo texted me.

THEO: that was very unwise of you.

I smiled to myself and didn't reply.

Yes, it was very unwise of me. How had I gone from being a Cunningham who refused to give the Montgomery's the light of day to a Cunningham who went of and kissed (and enjoyed it) the Montgomery's eldest son? I actually couldn't believe I had mustered up the courage to kiss someone, let alone Theo. I had mustered up the courage to kiss someone for the first time.

My first kiss ever was in an elevator with my family's nemesis.

And I really fucking liked it.

I guess it had just been driving me crazy tonight with the fact that Theo couldn't stop flirting, couldn't stop spewing out random facts about things that drove me crazy, and couldn't stop touching my hand. He touched my hand and then looked into my eyes in a way that I just couldn't shake. And even when I had left my room for the second time, after feeling Theo's hands on my bare knees, I could hardly focus on having normal conversations with my family's guests and my own friends. I was mainly focused on the fact that I knew exactly how it felt when Theo rubbed his thumb on my skin and traced his fingers along my bare knees while he stood less than a foot away from me. And yes, he had been teetering on the edge of danger because I was already feeling some type of way about him and now I was just feeling it more.

I didn't know what it was. I'd never really liked guys before. I'd had minuscule and stupid crushes my entire life, hurt nothing that had amounted to anything. I'd never been so attracted to anyone to the point that I made excuses to be around them or teased them profusely or wanted to initiate the first fucking move. But with Theo...

Fuck, I did all of those things.

And it was so wrong and utterly right all at once. It was a huge fucking cliché that I didn't expect to live.

So I needed to tell Will.

I pretty much bolted through the hallway and into the apartment when I got there. I could still hear my parents voices and booming laughter when I walked inside, discussing matters with the last few guests. Probably clients. I would have interrupted just to be able to hear the business chatter if not for the conversation I had earlier with my dad and now, the fact that I really fucking needed to talk to Will and get shit off of my chest.