61| You Glorious Bastard, Richard Butler

THE New Year's Eve party at C&C HQ was in full swing by the time Theo, Will, Nic, Butler, and I got there at 9

THE New Year's Eve party at C&C HQ was in full swing by the time Theo, Will, Nic, Butler, and I got there at 9. My dad always started the party at 7, but it never really got crazy until an hour later. At 9, the place was definitely popping. It was full of business associates, college interns, high school interns, and families associated with the company. So really, it was just a huge party of a random array of people.

As expected though, my dad was playing Kendrick Lamar at full-volume. Anything Kendrick Lamar or Kanye West was his favorite type of party music.

"Your dad has amazing taste," Theo said, spinning me around while we walked out onto the rooftop, which was just as crowded as the top floor. But the rooftop was covered in neon lights with tables set up everywhere covered in snack food and appetizers. Currently, Kendrick Lamar's 'Poetic Justice' was playing.

"He knows how to throw a party," I said.

"IS THAT AVA MOTHERFUCKING CUNNINGHAM?!"

It was impossible to miss Skylar's yell. I spotted her across the rooftop and she was already making her way over to the rest of us with Hannah and Maverick. I couldn't even explain how fucking excited I was to see them all.

Maverick rushed over and immediately wrapped me up in a hug, moving onto Theo and Nic, then even Butler. He furrowed his eyebrows when he realized Matteo wasn't with us, but all I had to do was nod in Will's direction and everything clicked.

Skylar, however, wasn't the hugger.

"I can't believe I missed you, bitch!"

That was her warm greeting to me. And you know what? Coming from Skylar, that was warm as hell.

"I can't believe it either," I said.

"And you must have missed me, too," Theo added, smirking at Skylar.

Skylar shrugged. "Nope."

Theo laughed. "Always so open, aren't you Sky?" Theo touched my arm, sparks flying down my body. "Do you want something to drink?"

"Just water," I said.

"And don't forget something for us!" Skylar added, winking at him. "Go on, Montgomery boy. It's the least you could do."

Theo rolled his eyes and bent down to kiss my forehead before walking off. It left me, Skylar, Mav, Will, Butler, and Nic standing together.

My dad really had gone all out with the party as always. And after all of the drama, all of the bad shit that had been going on recently, I needed a night like this. I needed Theo to be here and be the cute buffoon he was. I needed Skylar to pick fun at me and everyone within a 2-foot radius of her. I needed Maverick to be adorable and Nic to be a little mysterious and Butler to be quiet and sweet. And I needed Will to just be here. I was glad that he was.