60| Keep It Classy

60| Keep It Classy

"YOU and Mav need to come up for New Year's because, I swear, everything is imploding and exploding at once

"YOU and Mav need to come up for New Year's because, I swear, everything is imploding and exploding at once."

"Yeah, no fucking kidding. I didn't realize I was the sanity glue until you all went home for fucking Christmas," Skylar said over the phone.

The longer break went on, the more I realized I missed Skylar. And Maverick, too. But mostly, I missed living and sharing a room with Skylar. She was outspoken and sometimes outright rude. But honestly, Skylar was great. I'd grown to like having her around and even counted on the time we got to hangout together. You know what? I just fucking missed her energy right now.

"So I assume things are imploding because you've fallen so in love with Theodore the Third that you actually let him mingle with your limbs–"

"I'm sorry, what?" I said, sitting up in my bed. I was wrapped in covers and blankets. I'd stolen a blanket from Theo's house when I left because it smelled like him and also, it was really fucking soft.

"Sorry. You let him Rip-n-Dip. You allowed him to use his telescope to explore the black hole," Skylar said.

"Oh my god, no. Stop right now. Please."

"Fine, fine. But that's why things are imploding," Skylar said. "And they're exploding in a fucking pit of fire because of all the damn Wallstreet articles."

"Bingo," I said unenthusiastically.

"How is Matteo?"

I turned to lay on my side. "Mostly, Matteo's acting like the article wasn't even published. But he paused his social media because there were a few people finding him and leaving rude messages on his feed."

"Fucking for real?" Skylar asked. "Maverick says that's bullshit."

"Yeah, it is," I agreed. "Besides, Matteo and Will kind of broke up or whatever. They decided they can't be together because of the article and all of the complications."

"I mean, yeah. Technically a 20-year-old dude dating a 16-year-old is 'scandalous' to most people. And illegal, but who the fuck cares?" Skylar said. "Is Will okay?"

"Not great, no," I admitted.

Since the article, since being outed without his discretion, since having to stop being with Matteo despite the fact they were just getting somewhere – Will wasn't doing the best. He was pissed off at the articles. He didn't want our mother to be behind it all, but he was losing faith. Even though dad had apologized to Will and they had a little heart-to-heart between just the two of them, it didn't mean Will was fully comfortable or happy coming out of his room that much to hang out. He had just admitted to loving Matteo the same day things between them had to end.

So no, he wasn't doing great, all things considering.

"But little Nicolas has a plan, yeah?" Skylar asked. "The little demon comes in handy."